Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Hy-tran

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

JPrattico

displayname
Cubcadet_107
that's a lot of water :yikes:

Hope that cleans out for ya alright! How do you reckon all that got in there?

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
Looks like a milk 🥛shake. You know, before you started it up and drove it you shudda checked the tranny for water, now it has contaminated the whole hydraulic system. You may have to flush it out with a few oil changes to get it clean.

agitch

displayname
adrian a gitch
Don't think I've every seen one like that. Definitely gonna have to run a few flushes of some cheap stuff then go with the good stuff.

cubs4lifeofme

Looks like a milk 🥛shake. You know, before you started it up and drove it you shudda checked the tranny for water, now it has contaminated the whole hydraulic system. You may have to flush it out with a few oil changes to get it clean.
Nothing read on the stick.

lpalma

displayname
Lewis Palma
The dipstick only goes in the oil about an inch, the water is at the very bottom, there is a drain to empty it out open it till oil flows out.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!
Talk about mis-use.
Only thing I can figure is the original fluid was leaking out at the same time water was leaking in.

jkoenig

displayname
Jim Koenig Halfway between Harvester, MO and Cadet, MO
Sorry to the O.P. but know that your struggles have taught me to check mine before I get it moving so I can avoid a similar fate on a new-to-me slushbox.

cubs4lifeofme

The dipstick only goes in the oil about an inch, the water is at the very bottom, there is a drain to empty it out open it till oil flows out.
I tried getting plug loose but its flush with the housing so someone really tightened it and i dont wanna break the housing any more than it is.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
There is a really good chance it sat in a flooded area...We have noted a few cars showing up in Mich. after a southern flood a few yrs back....most owners wouldn't check the oil if it still worked.

dware

displayname
David Ware
Hytrans absorbs moisture , it doesn't settle out . Moisture gets in through the vent . As the fluid warms up it expands . This pushes some air out of the case and when you turn the tractor off the fluid cools off it shrinks therefore drawing in fresh air ( which holds some moisture ) . Over time the moisture becomes a problem. My bet this tractor has never had a fluid change out . I have an original Cub (1947 ) that looked worse , washed it out with diesel fuel.

dware

displayname
David Ware
Could this be why the power steering barely worked ?
Hydraulic fluid is oil , oil is used because it does not compress, as the moisture level increases the the efficiency of the hydraulic is reduced due to the fact that water compresses. As the water level increases hydraulics work less efficiently . I have a 60 hp that requires a change out (16 gal ) every few years because of water absorption. Front end loader and power steering just don't work .

Latest posts