• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How'd YOU spend Thanksgiving ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kweaver

displayname
KENtuckyKEN
A week ago my little brother (by 20 years) helped me put OSB up on the machine shop ceiling. Man you talk about somebody that doesn't share his load ... but that's a different topic and I'm finally getting to where I can walk upright again.

Anyway this is how I'm spending my T-day , painting the ceiling white. Sure wish I'd painted it before putting it up !!
311222.jpg

Kathy is spending the day in bed mostly. Yesterday she had to go to the horsepital. Tuesday she woke up with her left wrist and hand swollen up like a balloon and it progressively got worse. Seems she has inflamed arthritis in her wrist from sitting at night sewing to wind down after getting home from work.
Now she's off work for a week !! I can't hide that long !!!!

Looks good Ken.

Chris went to her sisters in New Hampshire so I'm staying behind with the "kids" (sheltie & shepard) I Had dinner with some family and now settled in for the night with an overfull belly ready to nap on the couch.

Hope you enjoyed the day!

KENtuckyKEN. We're saying prayer for your wife. And I agree with Mike F. Your project is looking good.

Shop's looking good! Spent a good day with the family and puttsed with cubs a bit. Hoping Kathy has a quick recovery!

Looks good, Ken. Glad you're upright again. Best wishes to your bride for some haling relief, too.

I wasn't nearly as productive on my Turkey day. I ate too much, watched my Vikings lose, and rested. Now it's almost bedtime. Can't figure out why I keep gaining weight...

But I'm with my bride, our daughters, son-in-law, and grandkids, so I'm counting my blessings!

Lipp - The Vikings use to be my favorite team back in the early 70s when I watched football.
Not watched football since.

I ran out of paint ! I needed about 1 more quart or a full gallon of paint since I was using a can I found that I don't even remember buying and using some years ago.
Kathy gave me her gallon of paint that she bought a couple of years ago and hadn't used but I wanted to use MY paint. (yes we have his 'n hers paint)
I've had 1/2" foam on the ceiling in the whole 1500 sq/ft for 19 years but I wanted to "warm up" the machine shop's 168 sq/ft plus try to keep the mice out. They like building nest in the machines.

Kathy's getting better if she likes it or not !
After I got finished cleaning up the painting stuff I went in and washed dishes from breakfast but I had to let her wipe down the stove and counter top , I'd stood up as long as I could take it. (I'll pay for that painting tomorrow , my hands are already stiff making it hard to make a fist .... boy I hope she's in a good mood tonight)

I'll tell her you guys are pulling for her ... man I hope she's in a good mood ... she's a bear when she hurts ... she doesn't take pain well.

KENtucky, that's a lot of work installing and painting a ceiling. Yuck! I hate working over my head like that. Take care of yourself, prayers sent for both Kathy and you to heal up quick!

My wife daughter and I spent part of Thanksgiving Day (9:00 am - 1:30 pm) at our church where we ("we' being volunteers from the church) hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for about 400 or so people that are in the Minnesota Teen and Adult Challenge program. I've never been thanked so many times in one day, nor seen so many grateful people in one place. I think we were blessed more than the people we served dinner to. After we were done there we went to my mom's for dinner with the rest of the family.

Kraig - That's one thing I just can't understand. I guess I should though since I can't quit smoking but when it comes to drugs or alcohol I just don't get it.
I was an alcoholic when I was 15-16, then one night after almost cutting open my best friend over my flask the next day when I sobered up I decided it was time to quit. I quit !
Four years ago I crashed down off of taking 6 Percocetes per day while wearing a 50mg Fentynel patch (screwed up that spelling) and a 10mg time release Morphine that had been prescribed to me by a pain clinic. The pain clinic shut down and there I was with all that in my system for over a year and nothing to "bring me down" when it hit me while working in the front yard. I thought I was having a heart attack so Kathy took me to the horsepital. They told me that I could have had one crashing off all that at once.
Now from what I hear about addiction I should have been addicted but I wasn't.
It took me almost 6 months to find a doctor that will now prescribe Oxycodine which is only 5mg (x3).
With ALL of that prescribed drug store in me I still had bad pain and the Oxycodine that I'm now taking is just a "baby aspirin".
I never did get a "high" from all that stuff. I guess it's different for people that really need it compared to people that abuse it.
I'd never take something just to get high as it'd keep me from fishing or machining. I get hurt often enough NOT being high !
I think it boils down to the mindset of the person taking it. I guess weak minded people get addicted.
I hear stories on the news of people getting addicted after having to take something for a broke arm or something simple like that. It's their mindset that gets them addicted.
I should be addicted but I'm not. As bad as I hurt , and the 'ol lady can tell you how I can be talking to her and just turn and take a step and fall to the floor from a pinched nerve, I still just take 3 pain pills a day not a handfull to kill the pain.
enough rambling ... it just gets me really erked that these dope heads have made it so hard for us legit pain suffers to get the help that we need.

KENtuckyKEN. AMEN!!! I take Hydrocodone 5mg twice a day for my knee pain only if needed plus a couple of other pain pills only if I'm in pain. If I'm not on concrete all day and some days even when if I'm on concrete... again... only as needed. I don't like having to take pills. About four years ago, I had a bad reaction to gabepentin (sp?) while at work it really hit me. Drove home taking the gravel roads at 10 mph while talking to Angel. Got home and when she called the doctor the only advice he gave was for me to stay calm and try to relax. Plus take the next two days off work. It was no fun sitting in my recliner with the actual feeling that I had worms or maggots crawling inside my brain and right foot for over twelve hours. I now know that I'm very allergic to that stuff and will never take it again.

Well I spent TG morning helping #1 Son split some wood, then Carolyn & I went out to dinner at a really nice place in Balltown, IA.

We finished up the splitting this afternoon and while toting a load back to the woodshed the 882 dropped a pin to the hydro and had to suffer the indignity of being towed back to the shop by a zero turn! Well, at east IT was a Cub albeit an MTD unit!

Puled the 882 down and was back in action in about an hour.

David S. Balltown is still going strong?
happy.gif
I've heard that place has fantastic food.

Yes, great place to eat!
has burned to the ground TWICE and has came beck from the ashes each time.
Our place would be right on the way If you were ever planning on going there to eat! (hint hint)

Marlin - David's hungry ... anytime !

As far as I know there's not a "good place" to eat around here anymore. But then again I've not "eaten out" since 1980. The best place was a little road side motel / restaurant, when it closed I never did find another place that had as good of a cook.
Now I just sit home and let Kathy bring me home a burger. By the time it gets here it's not just cold , rigor mortise has done set in !

Ken, after being on the road, a lot if not most of the time since the early 70's, I found the places that I looked forward to stopping at for a meal to be dwindling as the years went by.

Most of the so called "truck stops" now are nothing more than glorified fast food joints, much to my dismay. If you haven't figured out by now, I'm pretty much "old school" and damn proud of it when it comes to the trucking industry, being an owner operator (real trucker) since 1982. (retired in 2012).

About the only place that comes to mind now that are still open when I think of good places to eat, that are accessable with a big rig, is "Jeanies" truck stop diner, 1/2 mile east of Lancaster, PA on US rte 30.

Before that, and long lost to history, places like the "Green Shingle" off I-90 in PA and the
"Twin Gables" (my memory may have failed me on the name)on just off thePA Pike at Carlisle come to mind. (I still remember the 1st time I stopped there,) probably back in '67, just a wet behind the ears rookie!

Latest posts

Back