• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How to tell what snowthrower I have/What's the difference in the 4.5" & 6" pto drives

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcondon

displayname
Jim Condon
I'm not sure what snowthrower I have.It doesn't have any #'s on it or a a tag and can say from using it at the end of last year that it definetly doesn't throw snow like has been desrcibed on here by some of you .I also know that in th early 90's MTD went a 6" pto drive.I'm also looking at putting a 54" deck off of a newer cub that also uses the 6" pto drive and a different style mule drive.Before I use the snowblower this year I am going to tear it down as it seemed noisey to me(I did grease it before I used it or even got it going)I do need to get the extension brackets for it but rebelted it to use it last year.Now I've read on some of the older post that the 450 and 451 used different pulleys/gear ratio's.I can say that the guy I bought this off of must of had alot of spare pieces and made this outta alot of them.Because I had to fix alot of stuff on this thing.How do I know what blower I have and what the story of the 6" pto drive for M18...........Thank You............Jim

Jim, without photos it will be very hard to determine what snowthower/snowblower you actually have.

Ok so I've disassembled the blower and know that I have a 451 because of the gear ratio.I have found the bottom driven gear for the 450 which is 28t now I'm trying to locate a top gear which is 15t otherwise I'll have to do it w/a pulley.I'm also in need of the the 2 plates that extend the mounting frame for the super garden.
Any help would be greatly appreiated.

Jim, I believe Aaron (Xtreme Motorworks) sells the extender plates on his website. The link is at the top of the page. Regarding the gears, best bet would be the classifieds but even then I'm not sure how much success you'll have finding one. You'll probably end up having to use a pulley.

Back