• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How much Snow ya got ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're supposed to luck out and not get much at all...so far. Not that I don't mind playing with the cub in the snow, actually enjoy it, but darn it Mother Nature, how bout dumping it on us either a Friday or Saturday night when we can spend the next day cleaning up???
Plus, my 94 Suburban is down waiting for the 383 stroker build to finish, leaving me with the Volvo to venture out with. It's AWD but still...🤨

We're supposed to luck out and not get much at all...so far. Not that I don't mind playing with the cub in the snow, actually enjoy it, but darn it Mother Nature, how bout dumping it on us either a Friday or Saturday night when we can spend the next day cleaning up???
Plus, my 94 Suburban is down waiting for the 383 stroker build to finish, leaving me with the Volvo to venture out with. It's AWD but still...🤨
It's on like donkey Kong here in N.In!!!

Freezing rain as promised still here in St. Louis. I got to the airport before any slick spots on the roads, just icy cars. It’s supposed to change to snow mid morning. I hope I can get out, but a delay or two would be alright...there are worse things to get paid for than sitting in an airport.

Freezing rain as promised still here in St. Louis. I got to the airport before any slick spots on the roads, just icy cars. It’s supposed to change to snow mid morning. I hope I can get out, but a delay or two would be alright...there are worse things to get paid for than sitting in an airport.
Because of the freezing rain and temps as it turned to snow,the snow is really heavy and starting to weigh the trees down. I think we may have some power line problems soon...hope not.

I made it to Columbus where there is just rain so far, with a little bit of leftover snow piled in the parking lots. Winter storm warning starts in 15 minutes and goes for two days.

At home in St. Louis, I’m told #3 son has plowed most of the neighborhood with the 782. Dang kid stealing my fun! I guess that’s fair. He welded up the worn out shoe, and fitted the new cutting edge to the tired old dozer blade.

I made it to Columbus where there is just rain so far, with a little bit of leftover snow piled in the parking lots. Winter storm warning starts in 15 minutes and goes for two days.

At home in St. Louis, I’m told #3 son has plowed most of the neighborhood with the 782. Dang kid stealing my fun! I guess that’s fair. He welded up the worn out shoe, and fitted the new cutting edge to the tired old dozer blade.
He's probably having a blast doing it to! :roflol:

I just got done plowing about 10inches and I'm glad I did it when I did. Snow is really wet and heavy and the ol 127 slid around abit. Got pine branches snapping off and lost power for about 4hrs. Starting to come down heavy again.

They are predicting 6-8 inches of snow here in Northern Arkansas tonight and tomorrow. My Original is on standby.

Here in Northwest Indiana (Chesterton) we got a little over a foot. Wet, heavy stuff.
I bought a QA42A from a friend YEARS ago but stored it until this year because we had a gravel driveway. Finally paved the driveway last year. So... I got it out of storage and started working on it a few weeks ago. Changed the pulley for a 5/8" belt, etc... Was not quite done, but hurried up and finished a few things in order to use it yesterday. It was a limited success. It does not excel throwing wet heavy snow as many of you already know. I also had some belt alignment issues that I've seen others post about. Finally, as I was trying to clear the bottom of the driveway where the really wet heavy stuff was piled up by the county highway, the belt slipped, burned and rolled off the pulley. Gave up on it for this snow and put the blade back on. Not a whole lot easier with that considering the depth and weight of the snow. Just a little bit of clean up required today from overnight snow an blowing.

Still raining here . 2:14 pm last time this happened 13 years ago. Temp dropped to 10 * 2 days later. In the spring (May) Turkey hunters went to mountains to see Graveyard of bones bottom of all mountains. Hunters reported to game commission. After investigating. They found out all the deer fell to their death. Nature cruel

Back