• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How much Snow ya got ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys in Ind...be careful what you wish for..I'm in So. Mich. I don't care one bit if it snows heavy...I've been pushing that white stuff for about 60 yrs ...I'm ok with a mild winter...We do need a little to replenish ground water but.....
Yeah I agree with you Gary....I'm just wanting at least abit to at least use the tractor and plow, we're not even getting that

No snow in forecast here until Monday, then again how could it snow at these temps! 🥶

Attachments

• 20220121_061204.jpg
    20220121_061204.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 76
Apparently Indiana has made someone mad this year…. LOL…. We had a bit of snow, late in 21 but not much more than a heavy dusting. We has some the other morunning, just enough to leave a layer on the windshield wipers…. However, whomever we made mad, figured out how to run the thermostat….. we have gotten the cold for it…. Today is the warmest we have had in a week.. it’s 37…. The last several days we‘ve had 20’s in the day, teens or lower at night, and someone keeps leaving the fan on…..

If you have seen he snow forecast maps, all the snow is in a big “U”, in all the states surrounding Indiana…
You gonna get any of this storm coming?

You gonna get any of this storm coming?

Yes, we are. Not sure how much. The only thing that I have seen written down is 4+. I've heard a couple weather guessers from the local news stations say we could get up to 10. But looking at the various models, it is bouncing from 14 to 20+... So the Cub may just sit in the garage, and if I can't get out in the 4x4 F-150, then I don't need to go. I am still working from home, so I don't have to drive to the office, which is really nice.

So what I am expecting is we will get 3 feet, or we won't even get a dusting...... maybe it will "Snow like it's 1978"

I am ~30 miles straight East of of Monument Circle.. right north of US-40, and looking at the maps earlier, we are right on the line of "S**T" and OH, S**T".... plus they are saying we could get some ice/sleet first, then the snow..... so I guess we will see.

Anybody got an NOS ice implement for sale? We’re supposed to get ice first in St. Louis too. I’m working 15 miles from home tomorrow. Why couldn’t they send me away for this mess, and I could just come home Friday after it’s done?

Wasn't it about 2 weeks ago I was saying " be careful what ya' ask for" Sounds a little testy but we'll see. I set up a big fan trying to blow it south...

Oh... I'm not complaining by any means. I like the snow... and driving it it doesn't bother me. Growing up in the middle of nowhere and even when the roads are plowed there is still an inch or two on them, because they have to run the landing gear on the plow due to the road surface (crowned oil and chip, or gravel). So the biggest obstical for me is normally from the driveway to 40 through the neighborhood. The state garage is less than a half mile from me on 40, so 40 gets plowed and seasoned right off the bat as they are headed to work on 70...... Being on a cul-de-sac in a subdivision (no HOA, so it is just another city street) then we are a bit lower on the totem pole when it comes to getting cleared. Completely understandable..... but as I have gotten a bit older, the "if the truck can't make it, I don't need to go" get a bit stronger every year. Years ago, I would go out and clear all the drives, the entire cul-de-sac and the sidewalks. Now, I might clean off the drive, maybe in front of the mailbox, or I might just smash it down with the truck and park in the yard..... (the park in the yard is the better sounding option)....... plus I have been slacking... the Cub is sitting in the garage with a broken angle hose and the chains are still hanging on the wall...... I could still use it if I have to..... but.... I have a 4x4.... LOL

Yes, we are. Not sure how much. The only thing that I have seen written down is 4+. I've heard a couple weather guessers from the local news stations say we could get up to 10. But looking at the various models, it is bouncing from 14 to 20+... So the Cub may just sit in the garage, and if I can't get out in the 4x4 F-150, then I don't need to go. I am still working from home, so I don't have to drive to the office, which is really nice.

So what I am expecting is we will get 3 feet, or we won't even get a dusting...... maybe it will "Snow like it's 1978"

I am ~30 miles straight East of of Monument Circle.. right north of US-40, and looking at the maps earlier, we are right on the line of "S**T" and OH, S**T".... plus they are saying we could get some ice/sleet first, then the snow..... so I guess we will see.

I'm up in 'da region' so we sometimes get the lake-effect snow to boot. We can get a lot of snow, but down by you, you are more prone to get freezing rain and ice. That's worse, that'll bring down branches and power lines. Fingers crossed that the weather guessers are over-reacting.

Back