• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How much is my 48 inch GT deck model 317 worth

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dshade

displayname
Dave Shade
I have an 1863 GT that I bought in 1994, with a 48 inch deck model number 317. Long story short I was having the PTO charge light issue for many years. Broke down and bought a Cub Cadet Ultima ZT2 50, and love it. I want to keep my 1863 for uses other than mowing.
I want to sell the deck but have no idea how much it is worth, anyone have any idea how much I can get for it.
Thank You

Around here decks are going for $100-$150 average for sizes under 50".
Just go on CL or FB MP and search mower decks. Find some similar to yours and price it a little bit under if you want to get rid of it quickly...

Dave - not sure what you're gonna use your 1863 for, but if you decide to sell it in the future I suspect it will be worth alot less without a deck than if you clean up the deck and keep it.

Personally, if you have the room to store it, I would tuck it in a corner somewhere. That way if the Zero-Turn ever decides to want some attention, you can still cut the grass. It's always nice to have a back up plan. I've heard good things about the Ultima ZTR's. but anything mechanical can break.....

That's what is nice about having more than one similar model of Cub. I blew a head gasket, and cut a channel in the head of my 1450 that is my tiller tractor. My tractors have a rear lift, so I just swapped the tiller hitch/gearbox over to the 1650 mowing/moldboard plow tractor and finished the garden. Same as when the PTO Clutch went on my 1650 mowing tractor, I switched everything over to the 1450 and mowed the yard. I have a mower for each, but limited storage has the less used stuff buried most of the time. Spring the barn get emptied, and the summer stuff pulled out, the winter stuff shoved in the back..... fall, it's the reverse.

I guess keeping it does make sense, if only able to get $100.00 for it. Might as well keep it attached to the tractor, just in case I do need it as a backup.

Well - I still say if you're gonna keep it as a backup you should remove the deck and clean it up nice. Otherwise the grass and dirt and moisture will rust it and pit it. While you have the deck off do the routine maintenance on the tractor, clean it up, change the oil, grease all the zirks and the wheel bearings - then put her away and when you do need her she will be all ready. Ooh, and I forgot - shut the fuel off and run the engine till it dies. You should probably get a battery tender to keep the battery ready to.

Latest posts

Back