• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How Cold Is IT?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for y’all back east. We are almost at the peak of mowing season here in Seattle. After mid June-July 4th it quits raining and the lawns go brown. Then we just mow weeds until September.. Then a few mows in the fall.

Over here in So'East Mass all it seems to do is rain! Between the rain drops it shines a little sun for 30 or 40 minutes then the wind blows to 35 or 45 mph and the skies go grey / black and it starts all over again! argh...... 8-(

Mother Nature needs to knock it off, cereally! This was yesterday. Last weekend was in the 70s and gorgeous...:cautious:View attachment 138155
Quit yer bitchin! LOL Yesterday here.
1589247682930.png

Well here we go boys and girls!
2 years ago, I fired the wood boiler Sept. 11. I think It's gonna be sooner than that this year!
1599446590455.png

I would prefer Waco of course Park Rapids you would get to play with cub snow blowers.
Yes Sir on the snow blower play time. Sometimes I feel deprived that we cannot find a reason to own one here but then I realize I would need to go out in that cold to get to use it. On another note, our weather forecast was not so agreeable just a week ago when all those temp highs were 100 degrees or beyond. We are still doing our little happy dance that those hot days are behind us. Cheers

Kendal - ya, you're right. There are actually stories about IH testing a snow thrower in a pond, and there was also something about farmers using throwers to move shelled corn around (which I'd guess really removed the paint and shinned up the metal).

Hasn't gotten too terribly cold here in the Northwest Suburbs of Minneapolis, MN but we did get a good amount of snow yesterday. I measured about 4.5" on my driveway.

I put my 107 to work with the 42" blade. I still need to make a decision on what to do for a lift on my 147, then that will get my QA42 snow thrower hooked up to it.

PXL_20201020_225123708.jpg

PXL_20201020_231152956.jpg

Hasn't gotten too terribly cold here in the Northwest Suburbs of Minneapolis, MN but we did get a good amount of snow yesterday. I measured about 4.5" on my driveway.

I put my 107 to work with the 42" blade. I still need to make a decision on what to do for a lift on my 147, then that will get my QA42 snow thrower hooked up to it.

View attachment 140532
View attachment 140531
I got 6" Saturday and another 7 yesterday and it's some nasty wet crap! I just hate it when we get snow and the ground ain't froze! Grrrrrrrrr I left the Cubs in the house and brought out the 1466 to make short work of the mess!

Good grief!!!
It's November 9th and It's 2:40 AM and I am getting ready to head off to work.
Glanced at the thermometer and I'm wondering now If I am still in Iowa for Pete's sake!!
I'm sure we will be getting a bill for this sooner rather than later.
But.....HEY...I'll take it!!
The Cubs are ready, go the 1450 and the 882 set up w/hyd angle blades on both!!

DSCN8111.JPG

Same in northern NY. October gave us a few single digit nights with 20s during the days. Now, the last 5 days have been high 60's. Funny how 60 seems too hot after the body is gearing up for winter

It was 80 Saturday 84 on Sunday 81 Monday and this morning it was 64 at 7 am going to be 78 today. I was in ny deer stand in shorts on Saturday and Sunday evening hunts. I mowed the yard yesterday and then powerwashed the 104 an deck to get the deck painted and ready for next spring. Going to put the snowthrower on today...so nice doing this while its warm instead of in garage with heat. This has never happened...thus is November right?

Latest posts

Back