• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

How Cold Is IT?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We only made it to -22 overnight, but I drove to Norfolk, NE this morning, and it's a balmy 7 above in Johnny Carson's hometown. Try to get MN warmed up by the time I get home on Monday!

A little bit cooler this morning, but still not all that cold.

Feb 14, 5 12 16 AM.jpg

Well its not cold here...yet! Weather guessers say windy and LOTS of snow over next two days thanks to most recent storm! Lots of guys will likely be doing this by the sounds of it!

Attachments

• iphone transfer 2468.jpg
    iphone transfer 2468.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 403
  • iphone transfer 2467.jpg
    iphone transfer 2467.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 435
Charlie, I had a dusting at my place this morning. I'm sure it melted shortly after the sun came up.

The snow has really been melting fast at my place the last several days. Was (is?) raining this morning.

We're already mowing out here in Seattle. Not every week yet, May is heavy duty mowing season here. Anyway, as I was scraping out the underside of the deck after I finished mowing last weekend, I thought, how about an informal poll. How many guys scrape out the grass under the deck each time? Wife asked me why I do it, I told her it's to prevent rust, as they don't make 'em anymore. This is nothing. You should see the pile at the peak of the season!

clean the deck.jpg

I remove the deck and scrape it out as needed. Sometimes that's multiple times per mowing event, other times it could be every other mowing. Depends on how much rain we have had and how long the grass is.

Hey Kraig, this 50" deck came from you, back in 2004-5 sometime. By way of the Cub Cadet Transportation Network. You took it to somebody, who took it to a show, somebody else picked it up there, then it came out west strapped on the back of a new fire truck chassis, to a gent about an hour from me. I refurbed it, still going strong.

Ah! That would be the deck from the 2072 that my parents had. Forum member Art Aytay now has the 2072. After my dad bought a JD X585 he had me help sell off the 2072, mower deck, 450 snow blower and windbreaker cab. :)

Father have a moment?? Bought a JD?? OMG!

The 2072 was becoming very unreliable, my dad was wanting the 125 back from me! There were no close by Cub Cadet dealers and my younger brother was/is the parts manager at a local JD/Yamaha/Arctic Cat dealer. My dad was able to get a good deal through them. The JD X585 has been darn near bulletproof which is why I now have one of my own. I got mine when the original owner traded it back in to the dealer on a newer JD. Turns out its serial number is only 4 numbers away from the serial number of the one my parents bought.

EDIT: I still have all of my Cub Cadets, I don't plan on getting rid of any of them any time soon. In fact, I just bought another 125 from a forum member. :)

Back