• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Homemade Wheel Weights

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgunn

displayname
David W Gunn
I needed another set of wheel weights for a second tractor that I set up for handling snow plowing this season. My brother who passed away a few years ago was an active reloader and left me with 120 lbs of lead. So I figured what the heck let's try making some wheel weights with it. I bought a 10" x 3" cake pan as a mold and went to work. Toughest part was drilling the holes for the bolts. Lead is very different to drill than any other metal I've worked with before. At 60 lbs apiece they were a little heavy to handle too.

Attachments

• 20191121_113238.jpg
    20191121_113238.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 252
  • 20191121_124041.jpg
    20191121_124041.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 272
  • 20191201_135325.jpg
    20191201_135325.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 276
The discs weigh 60 lbs each and were difficult to carry so I bolted a handle on each. Turned out to be invaluable when lining up the bolt holes.

Just a thought if you ever do another set, you could drill 4 holes in the cake pan with the correct spacing for the wheel bolt holes, then bolt in a piece of pipe in each hole the correct diameter for the rim attaching bolts. Once it sets up remove the attached bolts and you would have holes without having to drill them.

Awesome! I was thinking of looking for old weights that were the right diameter, and drilling holes in them. Fortunately I stumbled upon some 75lb weights that were a bear to install, but free!

Back