• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Homemade Wheel Weights

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

dgunn

displayname
David W Gunn
I needed another set of wheel weights for a second tractor that I set up for handling snow plowing this season. My brother who passed away a few years ago was an active reloader and left me with 120 lbs of lead. So I figured what the heck let's try making some wheel weights with it. I bought a 10" x 3" cake pan as a mold and went to work. Toughest part was drilling the holes for the bolts. Lead is very different to drill than any other metal I've worked with before. At 60 lbs apiece they were a little heavy to handle too.

Attachments

jbratton

displayname
Justin Bratton
That’s pretty innovative!! Good work!

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
I agree, great idea. And it looks like you have a handle "molded" in too. Sweet!

dgunn

displayname
David W Gunn
The discs weigh 60 lbs each and were difficult to carry so I bolted a handle on each. Turned out to be invaluable when lining up the bolt holes.

rchristensen

displayname
Richard Christensen
Just a thought if you ever do another set, you could drill 4 holes in the cake pan with the correct spacing for the wheel bolt holes, then bolt in a piece of pipe in each hole the correct diameter for the rim attaching bolts. Once it sets up remove the attached bolts and you would have holes without having to drill them.

john.knutson

IHCC Supporter
displayname
John K
Awesome! I was thinking of looking for old weights that were the right diameter, and drilling holes in them. Fortunately I stumbled upon some 75lb weights that were a bear to install, but free!