• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Home build wheel weights

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Mullins

IHCC Supporter
This is what I done to make wheel weights for my CUB
8083D1E5-6B68-4BF2-8321-10752174A11C.jpeg

These are drops of 1/2” & 3/8” thick mild steel plate left over from CNC torch work
71D3CA5F-764E-4AA1-9D46-EDD482B04B8F.jpeg

I used (4) 7” X 1/2” carriage bolts for each wheel. The square piece is from 3/4” & allows access to wheel bolts. The square is fastened with 4 nuts & holds carriage bolts in place for ease of loading the remaining plates. The second from left part has large outer bolt holes to slip over the nuts. (3rd.) part is cut to fit the inner part of wheel. The last larger diameter just fits inside outer part of wheel. In all there is (5) small dia. Weights & (5) large dia. Weights + the hold down square & first spacer.
7996D301-9E28-4A60-BF7A-915BB461F6AD.jpeg

Those are awesome! When will you begin selling them?
the only thing I would recommend would be adding acorn nuts on the ends of the threads. I would manage to find exposed threads like those with some part of my body, and cause a bloody gusher.

Those are awesome! When will you begin selling them?
the only thing I would recommend would be adding acorn nuts on the ends of the threads. I would manage to find exposed threads like those with some part of my body, and cause a bloody gusher.
Really hadn’t thought of selling them. As long as I have the drops on hand, that’s scrap price + torch time. Freight might be scary these days!!

This is what I done to make wheel weights for my CUBView attachment 146061
These are drops of 1/2” & 3/8” thick mild steel plate left over from CNC torch work View attachment 146062
I used (4) 7” X 1/2” carriage bolts for each wheel. The square piece is from 3/4” & allows access to wheel bolts. The square is fastened with 4 nuts & holds carriage bolts in place for ease of loading the remaining plates. The second from left part has large outer bolt holes to slip over the nuts. (3rd.) part is cut to fit the inner part of wheel. The last larger diameter just fits inside outer part of wheel. In all there is (5) small dia. Weights & (5) large dia. Weights + the hold down square & first spacer. View attachment 146063
I can't wait for the water jet table to get in full swing here,I'm anxious to see what kind of drops we wind up with and how I can use them. Before spring I WILL have some sort of aerator built

Creating the Cad drawings can sometimes be time consuming. Also I had a bit of a learning curve once my torch was operational. For some reason I can draw a part in CAD exact to size on OD diameter circles an the torch will give me that size parts. On ID circles I have to draw them .030” oversized to get desired hole size. It makes no sense to me because once you define your cutting tool in the CAM software, it should compensate for what the “torch kerf” consumes…

Robert, water jet should be a more accurate process than torch. NO HEAT to make base metal warp & walk around. In my case I needed a machine to handle 1/4” through 2.5” thickness of steel. Oxy-Fuel was obvious choice Plasma that I could afford was good to 3/4”. Waterjet & laser were way above affordable for me also

Also my CNC machine is entirely a home build. I use stepper motors to drive the table powered through Geckos (stepper controllers) a bare PC with Linux CNC (free ware) Sheetcam is my CAM software about $200.00 US. All this info is available online free. For a long time I was into “Radio Control” model airplanes, sort of the same thing. I built this table for about the price of (5) RC airplanes. The big difference is the torch has put money in pocket. The RC airplanes took it out LMAO. Traded 1 hobby for another.

ROBERT - SON & I got hooked on RC back about 1990, gas off-road 2wd truck first, then bought a used 4wd buggy, then did the constant upgrades on a weekly basis either buying or building upgrades, We ended up with an Associated Electronics RC-10 GT 2wd gas truck with WAY more hop-ups than the Radio-Controlled Car Action magazine article listed. The gas tank was about the only stock part left. Son did about the same thing with a Losi 1/10th scale electric truck and finished in the D-main at a National Race in Lake of the Woods, Illinois. ALL the guys in the magazines were there. SON got into a couple different times since, last time was 1/8th scale gas 4wd buggy but he had several sponsors to help reduce the cost of racing, a REDS motor sponsorship, still had to buy morors and parts but at a nice discount, tire sponsor too, and a car sponsor.
I've looked at plasma cutting tables before, I bought my Hypermax 40A torch almost 15 yrs ago, but cutting free-hand does not give professional looking results. I had several stamping suppliers that installed lazers and tower type storage units to stage work to be cut over-night, the machines would clear the table, sort parts by part number, toss scrap into the scrap hopper, and have everything ready for next operation all with the shop being "lights out" over-nite, nobody in the building. I don't need anything like that, but it's available.

Back