• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Highest Hours?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say the two 1872's were running strong when I sold them. One was for a 2284 I'd been lusting after forever. I bought it with 500 or so hours about 10 years ago. It just turned 1000 this past season.
My primary mower became a SZ60 about three years ago. The 2284 pulls a lot of trailers and the Cyclone in the fall, does the fertilizing. That's an 1872 in my Avatar.

I think I may have an intermittent Ignition module. It doesn't idle great but is fine at full speed.
If I pull one plug wire it has little impact if I pull the other it stalls, swapped plugs same symptoms.
What else could that be?
Try testing the ohms across the primaries. Check the spec. Should be around 20,000

While Kohler and Briggs aren't cheap, ONAN takes it to up another tier. IF you can find the parts, the rebuild on a vintage B48G 20HP Onan is crazy expensive. Just price a set of points and you'll see what path you're headed to.
Most people just rebuild the P220 with the electronic ignition, there are still a few NOS shortblocks out there somewhere.

Latest posts

Back