• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hi From Virginia.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert bray

Hi From Virginia. I recently bout a cub cadet 122 and am restoring it. Just looking for helpful tips and tricks to get this tractor back on the job

Welcome Robert!

Here is a link to a few forum pages with tons of info. Even a few tips and tricks:
https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forums/ih-cub-cadet-tractor-forum.4/
Spend some time on each of those first few threads, and at the top of this page are boxes linking our sponsors. Each of them will have you making a wish list.

Welcome Robert! What part of Virginia do you live?
I refurbished a 122 a few years back for my dad.
If you are not too familiar with cub cadets, make sure you take plenty of pics and label everything. Put small items, including bolts, in ziploc bags with a note stating where they go.
That way you will have a reference when you put it back together. Patience is the key to a nice job you will be proud of.

Maybe this will inspire/motivate you guys a little. :errrr:

DSCF4152 copy.jpg

Robert - welcome to the best Cub Cadet Forum on the internet. Your 122 is a great tractor. If you get the opportunity to cross the border I wouldn't hesitate to visit Marty in NC to really see what a restored machine looks like. This Forum will be a great source for information but seeing Marty's 122 (as well as his others) and getting his advice can't really be beat.

My brother has a 122 and uses it to this day to mow & pull wagon . It set in a old shed for years , Shed finely fell down on top of it. Neighbor said, If You dig it out , Its yours. Well He did and had it running with in a hour! Good luck with yours, There built like tanks!

Welcome aboard, Robert. I am located in Madison.
You will find a lot of diversity of Cub Cadets on this site. One thing everyone like to see photos...

Bob G.

Welcome, Robert. Enjoy the forum.:) Any updates on your restoration work? Thanks.

Back