• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hi, Everyone

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
displayname
Dstyler07
I have a Cub Cadet 125 I bought it in 2016. I use it to mow my 2 acres. I am currently rebuilding the mower deck. I am also interested in taking the box off the back of the tractor and make it a 3 pt hitch so I could use a tiller but not sure what is involved in that.

Hello Dewey - welcome aboard the best Cub Cadet Forum on the internet.

Not sure what box you're talking about removing. Pics are worth 1000 words (which saves me from blisters on my typing fingers) . IH had an optional 3point hitch and a few tillers as well.

Hello Dewey - welcome aboard the best Cub Cadet Forum on the internet.

Not sure what box you're talking about removing. Pics are worth 1000 words (which saves me from blisters on my typing fingers) . IH had an optional 3point hitch and a few tillers as well.
I believe it's called a utility box.

Attachments

• tempImageeu0Zll.png
    tempImageeu0Zll.png
    876.9 KB · Views: 0
Yup, I think that's probably the correct name. Some call it a weight box and use it for that.

Not hard to remove, but if you do keep all the parts together. It's a somewhat collectable item.

Adding the 3-point and a tiller isn't hard if you find original items. 3-point for narrow frame tractor like your 125 is fairly common. My son in CT has one if you're interested you can send me a PM.

IH tillers are around as well but you'll probably have to drive a ways once found since shipping would be costly.

You could post your interest in the For Sale/Wanted thread, and begin to move your other questions to general Forum section.

Welcome, Dewey. Enjoy the forum. Can you share some pics of your rebuilding work?

Dewey, WELCOME!

The 125 is my favorite Cub Cadet model. I grew up using one that my parents bought new in 1969. I still have that one, along with several others and some 105s, basically a 10hp version of the 125.

Latest posts

Back