• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hey Ya'll from Raleigh, North Carolina

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Donohue

Grampa Rich here......(not rich grampa as all the 9 grands and 17 great-grandkids like to think). I've got a cub 128 and a 1811, and I would like to find other cub fanatics in the area that might want to wheel and deal with parts (and maybe services). ..I decided a while back never to get old, but I waited too long. (pushin' 86 here soon)

Welcome! I personally think the 1811 is one of the best garden tractors Cub Cadet ever made.

Actu
Welcome! I personally think the 1811 is one of the best garden tractors Cub Cadet ever made.
Actually, I think you may be right. The only obvious problem I have with my 1811 is that There is raw oil
spitting from the left cylinder INTO the muffler....and I mean a lot of oil. I just got a set of head gaskets, but I haven't removed the head yet. The previous owner CUT THE END OFF OF THE MUFFLER to drain the oil. Little did he know that a replacement muffler new is well over a C note. I,m thinkin' it's a valve guide or something like that....any ideas?

Welcome from Missouri Rich! Glad to have you with us.

Actu

Actually, I think you may be right. The only obvious problem I have with my 1811 is that There is raw oil
spitting from the left cylinder INTO the muffler....and I mean a lot of oil. I just got a set of head gaskets, but I haven't removed the head yet. The previous owner CUT THE END OFF OF THE MUFFLER to drain the oil. Little did he know that a replacement muffler new is well over a C note. I,m thinkin' it's a valve guide or something like that....any ideas?
Make sure the breather in the valve cover is not clogged up. Then check valve seals. Could also be worn or stuck oil control rings.

Welcome to the forum from another Tarheel! I am about an hour and a half away.
Hey there.......thanks for the greeting............
the "Tarheel" label used to bug me years ago, as I was a Maryland U grad, and the "terps" got my vote.....
However, that era just seemed to disappear away, and now I'm a devout Tarheel........

Hi Rich, Fellow tar heel just east of raleigh here. I have had a good welder weld cover plates on end of mufflers twice. This was for both my 1811 and 782 tractors. I also have a junked 1811 without a motor. What parts do you need?

Welcome Rich!! I am in NC, but about two hours away from you. I have a friend from Pleasant Gardens, who I am going to see this evening. I picked up a part for him and he has a cart that I have bought. Enjoy your Cubs!!

Welcome, Rich, and enjoy the forum. Got some pics?

I wasn't born a tarheel either. I was born and raised in the Appalachian mountains of Virginia. After 18 years of that, I got married and moved down here. Not many jobs up in them there hills. Been transplanted for forty years now!
About the only thing I do not like here is the HIGH muggy humidity and heat. The humidity was 100 percent two days ago, along with temps in the 90's ever since. Not sure what the humidity was since, quit watching the weather forecast. Too darn depressing! :errrr:

Het there Dave,
Great to hear from another Tarheel. Appreciate the info... I'm not sure of the 1811's condition yet as I've got to find out
how the oil gets in the muffler.
I wasn't born a tarheel either. I was born and raised in the Appalachian mountains of Virginia. After 18 years of that, I got married and moved down here. Not many jobs up in them there hills. Been transplanted for forty years now!
About the only thing I do not like here is the HIGH muggy humidity and heat. The humidity was 100 percent two days ago, along with temps in the 90's ever since. Not sure what the humidity was since, quit watching the weather forecast. Too darn depressing! :errrr:
Wait until you're 85...........you'll appreciate the warm, muggy days. I'll take 90 degrees over 30 any day......

Don't know about that. The older I get, the more I can't stand the heat. I have already had one heat stroke, and possibly two. :yikes: I like 35 to 75 degrees. ;)

Grampa Rich here......(not rich grampa as all the 9 grands and 17 great-grandkids like to think). I've got a cub 128 and a 1811, and I would like to find other cub fanatics in the area that might want to wheel and deal with parts (and maybe services). ..I decided a while back never to get old, but I waited too long. (pushin' 86 here soon)
Hey Rich do you know a George or Greg Naderman In Raleigh?

No, but I would definitely like to meet them... by the way, 13 of my 25 kids, grand and great grand kids live in
South Bend...................

Last edited:
Back