• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hey everyone!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's already been tilled before and was a garden last season, you should be OK.
I was a bit concerned that you were expecting to go in there with a 123 and till up what was just a sod yard.
If so, you and your Cub are/were in for a real beating!!
I fall plow and till in the spring and the ground works up just awesome this way.
If you can spare the room, leave wide rows, wide enough to till between them
Good luck and have fun!
Today, I am planting the 2nd planting of 200 hills of sweet corn, 3 kernels per hill.
Film at eleven :yikes:

Last edited:
If it's already been tilled, you should be OK.
I was a bit concerned that you were expecting to go in there with a 123 and till up what was just a sod yard.
If so, you and your Cub are/were in for a real beating!!
I fall plow and till in the spring and the ground works up just awesome this way.
If you can spare the room, leave wide rows, wide enough to till between them
Good luck and have fun!
Today, I am planting the 2nd planting of 200 hills of sweet corn, 3 kernels per hill.
Film at eleven :yikes:
Thanks for the tips! The fall plowing is a REALLY GOOD tip I used to just disc it over in the fall... If I would have known then...

Thanks for the tips! The fall plowing is a REALLY GOOD tip I used to just disc it over in the fall... If I would have known then...
Hey, stupid question, If I wanted to start a thread on this whole topic, like big garden layouts... would I start the thread and invite you to it? (Sorry, for dumb questions), but I hate walking into others homes and crapping all over.. Figured it would be prudent to ask.

Ya know, funny you ask.... The very next day, a four digit 60-61 07 came up in listings. It had that small two blade 38" timed mowing deck with that foot actuated pto thingamabobble. My son just joined up on here too (Justin Fairfax). The 60-61 is his now, and he is helping me (old eyes, old body) with the 149 and the 125 so I can get them out there and working as they should be. We spent all night out in the barn prepping the engine to get pulled in the morning. Had a blast!
That's incredible, why does it keep on pouring? Glad to have your son here as well. Thanks for the reply.

Back