• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Heritage Plow Daze

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul--That is great news. It'll be great to have you, your buddy, and your smoker here! I look forward to seeing you again. I'm pretty sure that I met you years ago but before I was into Cubs. My Cell # is listed on the flyer if you want to call to verify any details. See you in a little over a week!

There are several wives who are coming with their husbands. I don't have anything specifically planned but I'm open to suggestions. There are a variety of things to do within a 40 mile radius of the plow site. Email me for suggestions or thoughts!

We are less than 48 hours from the Friday night plowing and only about 55 or so from the big day. Right now the weather looks really nice. They are saying about 65 for a high and sunny on Saturday. The only thing that I'm watching right now Is the predicted rain for mid day today. I'm hoping that misses us completely and the field will stay dry through the weekend. Looking forward to seeing you guys here soon!

A couple of things that I forgot to post specifically before but was implied--those of you who are members on the "green" forum can post an invite there as well as the "ac orange" forum too. I also encourage you to bring swap stuff, stuff for sale, and any thing GT related that you are ready to move. We have plenty of space for you to set those things out. I will have my trailer loaded with a variety of things for sale and a bunch of stuff for free! I'm finishing off my shed and need the extra space for my office and the kids "gaming" room. The weather here is a little soggy right now but they are forecasting the rain ending in a couple of hours and some beautiful weather for tomorrow and Saturday
bouncy.gif

If you get a chance as you are wrenching, loading, and preparing to come, snap a pic of your rig and post it here.

My Main little man Zac is helping put my custom tunnel cover back on the Mule after we topped off the creeper fluid..

299542.jpg

Here's is four of our rigs ready to snag a plow and turn some dirt!!!

299543.jpg

Notice which color Zac chose! I told him to jump on any one that he wanted
ihrotate.gif

299544.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you later today Mick. Be careful for the Cheddar police at the border crossing! Cheddar Guards can be scary at times!!!!

We got underway tonight! Dave pulled in with his buddy Travis at about 5 pm and got their rig set...

board-post.pl

I brought over Caleb's Cub-Z and Jonathan's Mule...

board-post.pl

Uncle Roger grabbed the Mule and began to strike out. He was working along the lane and it was pretty tough there and so he put a foot on the plow. I'm sure this is in a safety manual somewhere!

board-post.pl

Dave's buddy Travis was excited to get on his QL and get to work. He definitely agreed that it was sticky and maybe not the best situation for a coulter but was having fun nonetheless...

board-post.pl

Mick and Robin pulled in about 6ish and he unloaded his beast ready for tomorrows action. After taking a look around, he felt that we will have a great time playing in the dirt tomorrow!

board-post.pl

I couldn't agree more. If you are close enough to come out tomorrow or maybe a little further away and want to have some fun--COME AND JOIN US!

HPD I is officially in the books! I will do an official write up on it soon and post some pics. We had a really good time plowing and even though it was a wet start, things dried fairly well by noon and the afternoon plowing was good. Dave S, Paul R, and Mick M were all there as forum members and it was great to spend some time with them. We had about 10 local plow guys show up and about 15 or so spectators. I was able to give three or four of the guys and gals seat time plowing for the first time. They especially liked the Mule! Thank you Dave for bringing the door prizes. We handed those out to several of the plow dudes. Next year we will be better stocked with door prizes. For those of you who thought about coming but elected not too, what can I say? You missed a
Great time! The daytime weather was sweet!

Many thanks for a great day in the dirt, Joshua!
Travis and I had a great time and the weather you ordered was picture plow perfect!!

I'm getting the cubs ready for Buck Creek, weather looks great for that one as well.

Here are a few more pic's from HPD#1

Out the door of the Lance at sunrise. Awesome!
299657.jpg

Something you don't see every day, two 882's side by side. Mine and Paul's on the left. Sorry Paul, you last name has escaped me.

299658.jpg

Here's a group shot just before the parade lap.

299659.jpg

Late arrivals, Josh will have to fill in the names!
299660.jpg

Here was the showpiece for sure! I now have some motivation to get back to work on the 126!!
299664.jpg

Ready to hit the road after a great day in the dirt! I tried to get most of the sticky stuff off the Cubs before loading cuz I was afraid to drag any of it home for fear I'd be digging cheese curds next fall instead of potatoes if it wound up in my garden!

The little Cummins just walked up the hills between Dubuque and Madison w/ease, hardly new the trailer was there and handled the corners like Carolyn's big HEMI C 300

Can you say happy camper??!!

299665.jpg

Another Great PD !! This one helped makeup for the spring PD in Reedsburg that I missed because it got rescheduled on our anniversary.
Shift.gif

I've had a crazy week on a reroof project! Been working hard to get that done so that I can head to BC II. Many thanks to Dave S for the pics that he has uploaded. A friend of mine was on site with her SLR camera snapping pics. I can't wait to see what she has but she is out of town this week. As anyone knows who has hosted one of these events, you don't have much to take pics. My buddy Jeff Richardson did video our parade lap. I'll include two links below. There are some familiar faces there. I'm driving dads newly restored '65 WH (he was out of town).

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/gLTGbZWIvmY

http://youtu.be/zCA8U6BkGEY

Latest posts

Back