• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Here's a long shot question!

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Ok folks, I have an issue that you need to help me with. The story goes that these came direct from the Louisville plant from an old retired employee. That's all well and good except! There's something just not right here,
;-) The one on the left is the Roth version of IH-369180R1 and the one on the right has a part number of 39169R1. Both look to be NOS, but I can't find anything on the 39169R1 anywhere.

Attachments

jbratton

displayname
Justin Bratton
Maybe the number is smashed in the front of it.

kshultz

displayname
Shultzie
I'm guessing that they were planning on starting a racing line of Orininals and they had it in the wind tunnel and this was the result before the whole project got scrapped. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
I have no idea, but that is pretty cool.

thoshock

displayname
tom hoshock
I found this on the Yesterday's Tractor Co store. I have a 706 and a 560 and both of them have one on them.
1582205941060.png
Hood Ornament, Chrome - For tractor models 200, 230, 240, 330, 340, 404, 444, 460, 504, 544, 560, 606, 656, 660, 664, 706, 756, 826, 2404, 2444, 2504, 2544.

rfunk

displayname
Reynold Funk
Ok, just a guess. I've only got a 149, so don't have a hood ornament. Maybe someone at the factory was concerned about clothes, or tree branches, or ?? catching on the earlier hood ornament point? Maybe inspired by lawyers ?? How many of you CC guys have ever caught ANYTHING on that point? (if the answer is "not a lot", my theory goes out the window). So, I'm voting for "prototype part for engineering consideration". As such, it would be a museum piece, but provenance would be required to guarantee value . . .

kshultz

displayname
Shultzie
Charlie,
Mount it on a hood and show us what it looks like please. I'm assuming you have an Original laying around there somewhere.

klorenz

displayname
Kirk Lorenz
This reminds me of when Paul Bell built his model 70 or 100 Orchard Cub Cadet. He bolted the hood ornament on backwards so it wouldn't be catching those low hanging branches!

mhomrighausen

displayname
Marlin Homrighausen
Just a thought. Could it possibly be for the truck division? And somehow was shipped along with the regular tractor part.

rrschmitt

displayname
Ron R. Schmitt
Charlie,

Generally IH part numbers ending with the -Rxx suffix (e.g. XXXXXX-R1, R2, R91...) had six digits preceding it. Five digit part numbers typically ended with a -Cx (e.g. YYYYY-C1, C91suffix), at least on the Ag side. I'm not saying that five digit Rx part numbers didn't exist, just don't recall seeing many like that. I can look in my old parts price book to see if that five digit part number was a good number back in the 80's. The suffix indicates the revision level of the part/engineering drawing. Not sure about the numbering scheme used on Motor Trucks but the five digit hood ornament looks like it would be used on a truck/pickup and reminds me of some of the IH emblems used on hoods back in the day.

I'm sure Dennis Frisk could provide more detailed information on IH's part number systems.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
There's got to be another number, cause that part # fits a 1066 tractor rear axle shaft/gear Part #39169-R1

I got the magnifying glass out, and on the left side beside the screw hole there is a backwards 3.
1582237240124.png

rwalker

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Richard Walker, Jr.
Digger, the backwards 3 might mean cavity 3 in a multi cavity tool. When we have products produced in a multi cavity tool, we have each cavity numbered in case there is an issue with one cavity.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Digger, the backwards 3 might mean cavity 3 in a multi cavity tool. When we have products produced in a multi cavity tool, we have each cavity numbered in case there is an issue with one cavity.
Did not know that, Thanks man! (y) (y)

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Update!
The great guys over at Redpower mag. Came up with the answer.

Swept back 389169R1 is used on 424 & 2424. The 8 is cut off by the post to look like a 3, while the first 3 is reversed

1582340346945.png

mcafone

displayname
Mark Cafone
Absolutely agree.
i worked in plastic for a decade and that was common practice.

Group builder