• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

help with rebuild kit for ih cub cadet 104 10 hp k241

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i want to know what rebuild kit has the best quality and the longest life time
1661895636766.png

GAGE - The last engine I rebuilt was a K241. I put a Stens piston & rings, exh valve, and complete gasket kit in it. ONLY Kohler part was a new connecting rod that cost $100. That was about 6-8 years ago, I suspect Kohler has had 2-3 price increases since then.
I put some Stens parts in a K181 I rebuilt 20 years ago to power my lawn vacuum, the engine sits at just above idle speed for several hours per tank of gas, no real load for the engine. The Stens conn rod and exhaust valve are doing nicely after all these years.
The K321 I rebuilt got all Kohler parts, the forged aluminum Alcoa conn rod, piston,
rings, seals & gaskets. I really don't see much difference between quality between Kohler & Stens.

Have you torn the motor down and checked the measurements against the specs?

You may find you dont need anything beyond gaskets, cleaning and paint, or find you need more then you think.

Latest posts

Back