• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Help with a 169

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Colonel

IHCC Supporter
I have a busted up cooling fan in front of my hydro unit and am unsure of how to get fan replaced.
If I remove drive pins at each end of drive shaft and take apart the flex coupling in the center can
I remove shaft and fan? Or is there a better way ? Thanks everyone…

That’s the only way I know of, but my only hydro is a 782.

If you are as lazy as I am you might want to try this. The fans are pretty cheap so I thought it was worth an experiment. A better way to hold it on might be a 2 piece clamp collar from McMaster, it was very challenging to hold the 2 pieces in place whilst wrestling the snap ring
64C6A776-F738-4917-9C10-70AB38E4C96F.jpeg
C1A4EACD-5377-431E-ABAD-FDAB7218278E.jpeg

That is the right way to do it. In my case I had had it apart fairly recently but had chewed up the new fan mowing my rough acre. Lotsa sticks plus I like to use the whole tractor to push back at the brush.

If you are as lazy as I am you might want to try this. The fans are pretty cheap so I thought it was worth an experiment. A better way to hold it on might be a 2 piece clamp collar from McMaster, it was very challenging to hold the 2 pieces in place whilst wrestling the snap ring View attachment 147428View attachment 147430
Might be a dumb question, how do you get the snap ring on the shaft without taking the shaft off

Still working on the 169 so here is another question.
Why would the valves on top of the hydro have one tall one and one short one with a button on top ? Maybe this was a mixup by previous owner? Thanks for your help everyone.

Attachments

• D2C68C04-032C-4E0B-AA35-623F3A799DFC.jpeg
    D2C68C04-032C-4E0B-AA35-623F3A799DFC.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 119
Still working on the 169 so here is another question.
Why would the valves on top of the hydro have one tall one and one short one with a button on top ? Maybe this was a mixup by previous owner? Thanks for your help everyone.
Tall one is automatic relief. Short one with button on top is manual relief.

Tall one is an auto release valve; the short one is the original manual release valve. One must have gotten replaced at some point. Usually one would replace with two of the same style at least.

Having both styles of hydro relief valves won't change or harm operation of the tractor. It is possible it might be hard to manually push or move the tractor at one time or another since you don't have the manual release handle.

One thing I'm wondering about tho. I can't really see the front of your hydro pump in the pic you posted but I don't see the ports for a hydro lift. If you don't have them then someone has changed the pump.

Not all 169's had hydro lift, so maybe they didn't all have ported pumps?

Dan - yes from the front looking back. I see now that Matt said they all had ported pumps and he can see them in your picture. That's probably good enough for me since Matt knows what he's talking about, and my eyes ain't what they used to be.

Back