• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Help with 125

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron - you may not know that Kraig is known as "The Great One, Keeper of the Photos". He did provide a great "condensed" version as you say, but I have to admit I got kinda lost trying to follow all the x's so I just thought I'd try to lay out almost 20 years of the IH CC production for everyone's benefit. Now his info and pics on the mowing decks is terrific info to. You won't find what he put together anyplace.

Kraig - are you collecting any royalties from Readers Digest?

Hydro, no royalties. I am considering Copying and pasting your post as a Sticky.

EDIT: Done, have a look:

Hydro Harry's Cub Cadet Series Description

Hey Kraig - Oh Great One, Keeper of the Photos - geez, that was sure nice of you to post my description in a separate thread or Sticky. I did pretty good until I got to the last paragraph. I left out a few models that should be part of the 82 series, and one word is missing towards the end - but most everyone will still get it.

I also thought about trying to include the years of production for each series, but I didn't have that info at my fingertips, and because IH didn't start/stop production at exactly the end/start of the year, there are overlaps in the years that sometimes get confusing.

What!? No royalties!? I think you have been robbed. Kraig - Oh Great One,Keeper of the Photos, ( I love that! )Is there a chance you would have an Owners/Service manual of implements? There is a rumor going around that a 125 is you favorite tractor. Is that a true rumor? If it's true,got any advice?

Many thanks to the two great oracles and the greatness spoken so far on this topic, firstly the thread, and the the expansion of it.... with much less need for Asprin, no offence intended in any way... much the opposite!!

The challenge now would be to annotate with pictures: ....front, side, back and other side and dont forget the (police) measuring stick for scale. and then its various and varied implements.....
It could then be published as one of those "dont ask that question till you've read this and seen where to find that blasted serial number for your yella-n-white thing"

just saying.... cus its Sunday.. and I can

Thank you Kraig and harry for all that info and for taking the time to put it on here! I guess I opened up a can when I told Kraig I needed a history lesson and it was great info! Lots of this knowledge you fellers have you just can't find like on tractordata.com or anywhere else, so for a greenhorn like me getting into these tractors it really helps. Much appreciated fellers!!

Well guys, as you all know certain things and documents get forgotten over time. I'm going to try to attach a couple charts that are certainly better than the model and production details I posted in that earlier message. I forgot I had these. The first chart was put together by Paul Bell and it's the real bible for our serial numbers and years of production. I know it's posted someplace here on the Forum but it's nice to have with the other 2 charts.

I don't know where the other 2 pages of this document came from so I can't provide appropriate credit to the author. The 2nd page (chart) is all the IH production thru the Quiet Line Series. The 3rd page (chart) is somewhat incorrect since it credits CCC for all the 82 series production and doesn't list any IH production that occurred in 1981.

Maybe Kraig, Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos, and many other biblical documents, has some details for these charts.

Attachments

• Serial Number Build Dates.pdf
    659.4 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
What!? No royalties!? I think you have been robbed. Kraig - Oh Great One,Keeper of the Photos, ( I love that! )Is there a chance you would have an Owners/Service manual of implements? There is a rumor going around that a 125 is you favorite tractor. Is that a true rumor? If it's true,got any advice?

We have quite a few manuals available. Have a look --> HERE

And, yes, the 125 is my favorite model. My parents bought a brand new 125 in 1969 when I was 8. I still have it, though it's in pieces partially refurbished. I have been too busy in recent years to get it finished up and I don't have the space to properly work on it. I am hoping to get some quotes on having a pole barn built. I just contacted one builder and need to contact some others. It's probably too late to get one built before winter though. I have a two other 125s one is a runner and was my main work tractor, the other 125 I picked up this past March. I also have two 105 that need some work and an Original that I refurbished. (Oh and I also have a 1450 that needs some attention, a 149 chassis and a bunch of parts tractors: a 125, a 107, and a couple of 124 and a bunch of attachments.)

Back