• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Help wiring up electric fuel pump for my 2084

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorbirkey

displayname
Taylor
Hello friends, I’ve replaced my faulty factory vacuum pump with a brand new Facet 40177 electric one.
1558AB14-B6C7-419C-9F67-57DB4B8C5925.jpeg

I’ve got the black ground wire tied to the chassis, but with this old thing I’m not 100% sure which wire to tap for power. Here’s a photo of the wires nearby. Do I tap the blue headlight wire (that’s running under the oil filter toward the front)?
F583F937-547D-4145-83C6-F1BE444ED615.jpeg

I’m not sure which ignition position is the right one for running this pump. Here’s a picture of the wiring coming out of the ignition switch:
C7BC7691-DC3C-4DCE-BEF5-41E9ED35F0A7.jpeg

Here is the wiring diagram.
32F1AAE7-3CAE-4739-8512-DFADA08887BB.jpeg
Thanks in advance for your help!

I just did this on a 2000 series with the same engine...the easiest way is to make a little adapter to plug in where the fuel solenoid connects. Just need a package of bullet terminals and a few inches of wire. I'd add a fuse to it as well.

I just did this on a 2000 series with the same engine...the easiest way is to make a little adapter to plug in where the fuel solenoid connects. Just need a package of bullet terminals and a few inches of wire. I'd add a fuse to it as well.
Perfect! Would you be willing to share a photo of how you did yours? I think I have the components for this already but want to be sure.

Back