• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Help needed on removing the QA42a from my 1440.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Trammell

Bought the tractor so for the purpose to easing my snow removal as I have a very long driveway. Just had my 4th open heart / valve replacement and things are sometimes hard for me to do. I have the QA42a blower and I found the 451 two stage. Had a helper today and wanted to remove the QA42 - however I discovered that it simply does not come off. I removed the large bolts on left and right side into the frame - the assembly was firmly slid back into the proper frame locator - however try as I might I simply cannot remove the blower. Am I missing something that holds the blower on?

Any and all suggestions or help certainly is appreciated!

Bill

You might be able to figure it out by looking up the service manual on the QA42A. You could also do a search (upper right corner) on the blower as well.

Last edited:
I found a small bar running from one side to the other - has a small spring on it however it refuses to move. Possibly my actions of trying to force the assembly to move may have jammed it -- will try to push it back a bit and try the bar again. Thank you

Thank you all for input and suggestions. I managed to force the unit back and once I did that the spring loaded lever moves. Long story short - I had to recruit help to manage to pry the blower forward from each side and finally it came loose. It almost seemed to be sprung tightly inward - it was more than reluctant to come off.

Thank all again

Just for future reference, I have found that loosening the four bolts marked B helps to be able to remove the unit from tractor. Also make sure that the drive sheave is all the way down. If not, it's more difficult to release the lock bar. I have mine installed on a 129.

1652622404487.png

Do not know the reason why - however my blower does not have this configuration. I do not have the tension adjustment as shown and etc. Date of my tractor is 92

I like this layout however

Thank you

Bill

Back