• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

help a new guy out

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmettking

Hey Im new to the forum and having trouble searching through it so i apologize if this is a repetitive thread. I have 2 cubs that i just got for free, and one (123) is in good shape, and the other (100) is in... less good shape. I got the 123 running but it was dumping fuel out of the carb so i ordered a carb kit. I was wondering what the best place for correct paint, and parts for these cubs are. And more importantly, what year are they?? Thanks!
82217039-2B58-4BB6-81A0-E041A58E0820.jpeg
F77E3786-5083-4A97-8ED7-3E116ECF2B9C.jpeg
E4626500-395E-4D78-8FCC-FB915CC181A2.jpeg

WELCOME!

Check out CC Specialties, see the colored boxes at the top of the page, for paint and an excellent selection of various parts for getting and keeping your Cubs running.

The 100 was built from 1963 until 1965, the 123 was built from 1966 through November of 1967. To get more exact dates you need the serial numbers off of them. Here's a chart showing build dates by serial number:

IH Cub Cadet SN List.jpg

Here's a link to the CubFAQ where you can find out where the serial number is located on the various models.

Serial Number Locations

Welcome to the party!
You got those both for free?? - nice score!! You even got a set of weights on that 100!

That 123 is in pretty darn good shape and the 100 isn't that bad either, find some fenders, a snow blade, use it in the winter - 123 in the summer. Clean them both up a little and you'd be amazed what just a wash will do. Also, a little patina isn't a bad thing. (y) (y)

WELCOME!

Check out CC Specialties, see the colored boxes at the top of the page, for paint and an excellent selection of various parts for getting and keeping your Cubs running.

The 100 was built from 1963 until 1965, the 123 was built from 1966 through November of 1967. To get more exact dates you need the serial numbers off of them. Here's a chart showing build dates by serial number:

View attachment 139865

Here's a link to the CubFAQ where you can find out where the serial number is located on the various models.

Serial Number Locations
thank you very much!!

Welcome to the party!
You got those both for free?? - nice score!! You even got a set of weights on that 100!

That 123 is in pretty darn good shape and the 100 isn't that bad either, find some fenders, a snow blade, use it in the winter - 123 in the summer. Clean them both up a little and you'd be amazed what just a wash will do. Also, a little patina isn't a bad thing. (y) (y)
im excited to get them going strong again! a family friend owned them but he passed away, and they called me to see if id like them. I said absolutely. and yes, the 100 has the weights and a snow blade! My john deere usually is my snow removal, and i have a couple of 60's ariens blowers for backup/fun. But getting the 100 going with the plow would be even more fun! And yes, i dont plan on repainting the 100's hood. it took 60ish years to get that way, why would i ruin it! I may end up cleaning it and clear coating it though. just to preserve the metal.

Welcome sir. It looks like a good score on a couple of classic tractors. Keep us posted on what you do with them.

Welcome Emmett,
you will learn that..... you take a beer and look at the lawn,..... a while,......... decide where the middle is and then mow a few strips there first, then starting from the outside, mow clockwise round and round blowing all the choff towards that first mowed portion, replenishment may be necessary until you eventually have all the mowed stuff waiting for you in a central pile. Some of those obvious internal obstacles may take a few tries to reduce to lawn height, but you have a beast in your hands and Fun is the game, Nice Seat but the "correct police" may have a mutter or two ... just saying

remember to always leave the front PTO clutch lever in the far forward position most of the time, only pulled back to start your beast, those wear buttons on the front of it wear out far too fast if you leave it in the disengaged position. I used to pop the belt off the mower and loop it , tied it up against the voltage regulator so it touched nothing leaving the mower attached (to my 100) while dong all those other chores you can how do while having Fun, towing a dog-box full of grandkids/garden junk..... etc

Doing exactly what it was intended to do. Good looking tractor. Get out and use it.
thanks! need to buy a new starter belt because apparently it shredded when i mowed the lawn. it was not even on the mower when i tried to start it yesterday...

Latest posts

Back