• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello to everyone, I'm not a new member but first time poster.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
displayname
RedRiverRick
Rick Kowerko, in the Great White North!
I am the 2nd owner of a 1200 cub cadet. One of my kids ran it out of oil years ago and I transplanted a 14 HP into it. A few nights ago I was clearing snow with the QA42A snowthrower on it and the machine didn't seem to be throwing as far as it used to. The next day I got around to checking it out and found the auger bearing was all messed up. Now I'm looking for a service or repair manual as well as any info or tips on the procedure.
Thanks in advance to all.

Attachments

• 20220226_171330 (2) (1).jpg
    20220226_171330 (2) (1).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220226_171344 (1) (2).jpg
    20220226_171344 (1) (2).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220226_171413 (1).jpg
    20220226_171413 (1).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220226_171353.jpg
    20220226_171353.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 67
http://ccmanuals.info/manuals.html
Forums tab, scroll down to IH Cub Cadet technical forums, chose IH Cub Cadet tractor forum, 3rd stciky (they stay at the top of the page) post has this link. Check out the other sticky posts there too,

I've got the Owners manual downloaded, but was looking more for a step by step repair procedure to remove the auger and bearings. Does the shaft come right outof the auger, or is it an assembly to remove complete somehow?

It's quite easy to work on. Just as Rick H., wrote, three bolts at each end, disconnect the chain and the auger should come right out. The chain will have a master link that you can disconnect to remove it. The bearings will have an eccentric collar that has a set screw or two (I forget how many there are...) once you have the set screw(s) out the collar will rotate off, you will likely need to use a punch in the hole that is on the collar, not the set screw hole as you would mess up the treads. and drive the collar to rotate it. If it doesn't loosen, drive it the other direction. Once you have the collars off of each end the bearings should be free to come off. Though they might be rusted on, or they might fall off as they do appear to be quite worn, without even removing the set screws. The shaft ends are held in with a bolt, at least they are on some versions. The sprocket end should be removable. Here's what the sprocket end looks like:

QA_Snowthrower_AugerSprocket_01.jpg

QA_Snowthrower_AugerSprocket_02.jpg

Thank you for your replies, Rick and Kraig. I do see the three bolts at each end, and the set screws on the collars. I wasn't aware that the sprocket and end shaft is removable. The bolt for the sprocketshaft, is that that inside the Auger? My sprocket looks really close to the auger. I'll be looking closer at it on the weekend and determine which parts I need to order from Charlie Proctor. If the is a more detailed exploded view of the auger assembly, that would be very helpful.

If you go to the Parts Lookup enter in to "Cub Cadet", then "Garden Tractor", then select your model tractor, "1200" then select "Attachment" then "QA36A, QA42A Snowthrowers" you can access the exploded views and part numbers. Here's the auger exploded view. #1 and #9 are the end shaft and sprocket end respectively.

Auger_01.JPG

If you go to the Parts Lookup enter in to "Cub Cadet", then "Garden Tractor", then select your model tractor, "1200" then select "Attachment" then "QA36A, QA42A Snowthrowers" you can access the exploded views and part numbers. Here's the auger exploded view. #1 and #9 are the end shaft and sprocket end respectively.

View attachment 148109

View attachment 148109

Back