• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello There www

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
displayname
CalCubDriver
Hi I just purchased a 1966 122? from a real nice guy in sisters oregon. I am interested in a purpose built
micro loader/3 pt log splitter as my final destination. I recently moved from 10 ac to .3 ac property, and miss
my john deere loader.

Please see my photos of this neat machine. I plan to install a custom built front end loader with hydraulic qd, and a rear mounted
3 pt log s-plitter.

Love this little mini micro TRACTOR. Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers
Jeff

Attachments

• L1050608.JPG
    L1050608.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 312
  • L1050609.JPG
    L1050609.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 306
  • L1050610.JPG
    L1050610.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 296
  • L1050611.JPG
    L1050611.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 309
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello again, Today i plan to remove the engine, for a tune up, and paint. Plan to install new points head gasket, change oil and other minor improvements..then onto rebuilding clutch with new springs and clutch hardware...will include more photos as i make progress today...

Hi
Jeff, I have an identical machine except for the rear pto parts.Can't wait to see your loader and how it operates.(mine is a 66 also)....lots of knowledge on this site!!!
Gary, Thanks for the encouragement...My son is trying to locate a loader from a friend who has several Cadets, perhaps If I am lucky will not have to fabricate from scratch...Today I am heating up garage to start teardown for restoration, New clutch/spring etc...Will post photos later today or tomorrow...

Cheers
Jeff

Jeff, bone up on "static timing" your engine while you have it out.
Do that and it will be running before you can let go of the key nearly every time.

Hi Fellas, Thanks for the advice, Please keep it coming....I managed to get the engine out today...I tweaked one of the 3 dowls that connects to the clutch when I lifted it out...dang, Think I can straighten it out. Guess I will fab up a little motor mount so I can rebuilt the motor. I was just gonna tune it, but now that its out...I love working on engines anyway.
P1010634.JPG
View attachment 141181View attachment 141181
P1010635.JPG

Last edited:
Yup!
Been there and done/dealt with that!
Really a flimsy setup IMHO.
All the gear drive NF's I have ever worked on suffer from that shortcoming.
Best bet is to beef that part of the tower up, it takes a lot of torque and stress from depressing the clutch repeatedly.

I fab'ed up a motor stand on casters from a scrap 2X4 and casters that came from who knows where. now I can roll it around to where ever I need or just tuck it away when needed

Back