• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello in Wisconsin

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jusemon

December 1968 Cub 125 Hydro, 42" electric lift quick attach deck. Cold blooded, starts and runs great in summer. Looking to install a snow thrower or blade and engine heater, ideas welcome. Because Wisconsin, where the grass grows and snow blows!

WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif

I see from your post regarding the 102 that's for sale, that you are in Kaukauna, WI. One of our long time forum members, Dan Hoefler, lives in Kaukauna, WI, and is a bit of a celebrity in the Cub Cadet world. He has built several custom Cub Cadets, a Crawler, a 4x4 a High Clearance and some custom attachments. You may have heard of him or met him. Here's a photo of his Crawler and 4x4.

FWD1.jpg
Crawler1.jpg

One tip for cold weather starting is to get a magnetic block heater and place it on the underside of the rear differential. This will heat up the Hy-Tran and allow the hydrostatic pump to turn over easier and thus the engine will turn over easier. Remember the engine is directly connected via the driveshaft to the hydrostatic pump, so when the engine is turning over trying to start, the hydrostatic pump is also turning over trying to pump cold, thick Hy-Tran. Here's the heater that I use. The red X is where you place it. I typically plug it in for a 15 minutes before I try starting the tractor. Once the tractor starts I unplug it and remove it from the tractor.

Magnetic Heater.jpg

Heater Here.jpg

Back