• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello from Wichita Ks!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Franks

Hello all. My name is Mark. I wanted to join this forum in hopes to gain knowledge from others. I just picked up a rough 129 with hopes of getting it working again. I'm looking forward to hearing the experiences that others have had.

Welcome Mark! You will find a great deal of knowledge here. If you click on the Forums tab at top left, then scroll down and click on the IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum, you will find the first six threads are always at the top. These are our "sticky" threads, and contain a great deal of information. The fifth thread is a link to our FAQs. You won't believe how helpful those are. You will also find a link to the Cub Cadet parts lookup page, (fancy colored) wiring diagrams, fantastic modified Cub Cadets, a bloodline story, and manuals.

At the top of the page, you will always find sponsor boxes. You will find New parts, NOS parts, Used parts, Improved parts, and Stories about Cub Cadets and their restorations. Not all sponsor boxes show up at any one time, so refresh the page a few times to familiarize yourself with all of them.

Welcome Mark! :groupwave:
My first one was a 128. Jim's advice is a good place to start. Lots of good stuff there.

Thanks all! It sounds like this is a good place to be. I will check everything out. I just might stick around for a while. 😁

Hello Mark, welcome to the forum. We like seeing pics, can you share some?

I have a 129 that's buried right now. I will get some out sometime soon I hope.
I'd like to get it running and ready to push some snow around this winter. Unfortunately, it's not my priority right now. I hope soon though.

I do believe you are the closest to me that I have seen. Lots of cc in the midwest and east of there. Good to know there's someone kind of close.

I uncovered my 129. Kind of rough. The hood has been smashed. I got it to run, but the carb is bad. I had to get a coil and condenser, got it to fire. Worked the throttle it was smoking pretty heavily. The it revved up, couldn't control the throttle, and it kept increasing rpms, before I could turn the key off...it quit running. No knocks or bangs. I'm wondering if it has a stuck valve. One of these days, I'll get it going. I'd like to get it set up so I can do some work with it.

Attachments

• 20220905_122231.jpg
    20220905_122231.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Back