• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello from upstate NY

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up SE of Syracuse, so Massena was always the true "upstate" for me. There is a web site that has a list of old IH dealerships. They list the following for Robinson Farm Equipment.

1628827433560.png

Kraig - hahaha - forgot to tell you my son had a 1650 with the cold start pkg. He called it the 1650 Knuckle cause the guy he got it from was big time into Harley's. He used the 1650 for awhile but then ended up not liking it because of the clutch. Just didn't stop/brake like the Hydros without the clutch.

Paul - based on your update on the other thread I believe you need the pulley assembly set up from a wide frame mule drive. I think you could switch it over to your narrow frame bracket, and use the spring from your narrow frame assembly as well. This would give you the angled pulleys. The question I have is whether the pulleys will be in the correct places after you do this. Hopefully Kraig and maybe some others can help with this question.

Paul - based on your update on the other thread I believe you need the pulley assembly set up from a wide frame mule drive. I think you could switch it over to your narrow frame bracket, and use the spring from your narrow frame assembly as well. This would give you the angled pulleys. The question I have is whether the pulleys will be in the correct places after you do this. Hopefully Kraig and maybe some others can help with this question.
That's basically what I am trying to do. I am looking relatively locally for a wide frame hanger/mule drive assembly.

Paul - I'm still hoping Kraig may chime in to assist here. Once you get the WF mule drive and see the components in hand, then you will see by using your Narrow Frame hanger bracket you will be removing the 2" spacing (1" on each side) where the Quick Attach latch mounting occurs on a Wide Frame. I suspect you'll have to come up with a new rod to mount the pulley bracket assemblies, and when you do this you'll have to determine where exactly to drill the cotter pin holes to align the brackets, keeping in mind that you need about 1" of space on each side for the Quick Attach mounting, and then the pulley bracket assemblies need to be in the middle of this area.
Let us know how you make out.

Hydro, not sure how much more I can add. My non running 1450 and the 44a mower deck and subframe are at the farm, with one non-running 125 and my Original. All my narrow frame Cub Cadet attachments are at my home. I'd have to dig out the narrow frame mower deck stuff from where they are deeply buried in my shed lean-to, dismantle them and haul them to the farm and then try to reassemble the bits and pieces to see if they go together. But then to see if it all actually works, not just fits, I'd have to haul the mower deck to my home and mount it up to my #2 125 which isn't running at the moment either. I think due to the points being corroded from setting. I just don't have time to get it going or to mix and match parts right now. ☹

Ok Kraig - didn't realize all your stuff was that separated. Your earlier post lead me to believe you had the stuff all in one place and doing this was something you were interested in figuring out.
Lets just see what Paul does to work this out.

Yup,just what I was thinking.from what I see now, I can probably reuse the pulley rod.I just need to unweld it from the hanger,put the other pulley arms in,and reweld it back in place.
I will be sure to take some pictures as I do it and post.

Paul - once you get the Wide Frame Mule Drive you'll see the rod doesn't have to be welded in place. It's held on with cotter pins. After you see it you can do the same thing to the rod on your Narrow Frame. Actually you may have to get a new rod cause it will probably be to short. You might be able to use the rod from the Wide Frame Mule Drive but you'll have to drill holes for the cotter pins.

Ok,quick update. This weekend I am going to look at some hanger/subframe someone has listed. The pictures they posted looks like have at least 6 or 8 of them,maybe more! I am pretty confident I will be coming home with one,maybe two and get this worked out.
I am kind of anxious to see what else they have in this barn. 🤔

I grew up SE of Syracuse, so Massena was always the true "upstate" for me. There is a web site that has a list of old IH dealerships. They list the following for Robinson Farm Equipment.

View attachment 145231
I called on Robinson FE when I was with IH service in the mid-70s. Dragoon's in Mooers NY bought them and they moved to a newer store east of town. Dragoon's in Mooers is a good source of IH Cub Cadet parts and equipment, they were in business since 1953.

Ok,so the ride was a little longer than anticipated(just shy of 5 hours one way),but here is what I picked up....well worth the drive IMO.
One wide frame hanger assembly and one narrow frame assembly.This should give me enough to work with.

Attachments

• 20210905_181903.jpg
    20210905_181903.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 20210905_181958.jpg
    20210905_181958.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 119
Back