• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello from southeast MI!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Olczak

IHCC Supporter
I've been lurking here and making notes for a basically a month now, but since I finally got 1.5 Cub Cadets of my own yesterday, I figured I'd register up and join the community.
I'm a 27 year old mechanic from small town USA, MI with 4 acres of yard to manage in my free time.

Being a fan of over-engineered old Iron, I naturally stumbled into the vintage cub scene for the sake of doing the yard work that my Zero-Turn wont.
Something small that can roto-till, pull a large lawn roller, and occasionally push or pull dead vehicles into my garage was the goal and I think these "two" units should fit the bill perfectly. When assembled as one of course. Or maybe even separately depending on fate.
I got them for basically nothing, and I learned from my last project (the large green thing with the star on the door) that you really wont know what you have unless you end up rebuilding it from the ground up.
Being basically abandoned in the woods meant a clean slate from my perspective.

So thanks for the approval to the admins here, and thanks to everyone in here for already posting the genuinely useful info that I've been jotting down in my little note-book for the past month.
Looking forward to learning the knowledge required to keep old hobbies like this one alive.

20210706_155439.jpg
20210706_173102.jpg
20210706_155512.jpg

Welcome. This is a great forum. This is a great hobby . Starts with one or two cub cadets then next thing you know your have a shed full. I started with my granddads 1450 and now I have 10 cub cadets. They were build like a tank.

Nice to see warm welcomes (y)

My original goal for this project is to get the engine running healthy in the 104 while doing minor work on the 106 chassis with the better sheet metal and disc brakes(though the smaller 104 fenders are growing on me.)
Once I'm confident in the engine, the 241 is supposed to end up in the 106 since the previous owner wants the trans and frame back from the 104. Unless I get stupid(I probably will) and just fix both tractors by throwing an engine in the 106 and bartering for the 104.

Not going for full restoration on the first assembly. Just drive-ability and preservation since I really need the little buggers for odds and ends around home.
JawsBarn.jpg

Back