• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello from N.E. Pa.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Brady

Thanks for the add!! I recently purchased a 1720 and am having trouble adjusting the rod for the hydro. It goes forward fine but im barely getting reverse and its almost out of adjusting rod. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Joe

Joe , I'm too familiar with 1720,1320 etc...There is a pin that holds the linkage on the bottom of hydro.Are you sure it's still there or maybe sheared.Might have someone move lever while you look to make sure ALL linkage is moving.You can see from bottom left where linkage hooks on,just about in line with tire. You could jack it up and see if you can move lever farther in rev. direction by hand.....I had one that was half way out a while back...

Joe, I'm adding a pic of interior of the hydro.The left shaft sticking up(in the case) is the rocker for direction.To the extreme right are the spring,balls etc that pump oil....If your linkage isn't moving far enough to rock shaft from fwd opening to rev. opening it probably is in linkage.If it's pumping good in fwd then it should in rev. as well..

Attachments

• 100_1345.JPG
    100_1345.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 111
Joe , I'm too familiar with 1720,1320 etc...There is a pin that holds the linkage on the bottom of hydro.Are you sure it's still there or maybe sheared.Might have someone move lever while you look to make sure ALL linkage is moving.You can see from bottom left where linkage hooks on,just about in line with tire. You could jack it up and see if you can move lever farther in rev. direction by hand.....I had one that was half way out a while back...
I see the pin sticking out both sides but wasnt sure if i disconnected the rod from the hydro if i would be able to move the lever by hand.

Joe, unhook rod and try it, nothing to lose..Don't try to drive out roll pin.it's a PITA. If it moves well then the issue is under dash...You said you recently acquired,can you talk to previous owner?He may have done some adjusting.....

I will try disconnecting the rod and see what happens. I had the tank out and fixed where the hydro lever attaches underneath. Thats all good.

When i bought it it wouldnt do anything until i fixed the lever. Then it was working ok but it had forward creep in neutral. So i was slowly adjusting it and today is when my neighbor worked on it while i was at work. Somehow he adjusted it all out of whack. Lol. I will tinker with it more this weekend.

Joe, I misspoke earlier when I said shaft rocks,not true...there is a slider plate underneath that rocks back and forth and directs fluid to fwd or rev. The creep MAY BE the wear internal that allows some oil to pass by but it could also be the linkage....good luck...these are not high dollar hydros but they work ok....until they wear out....they are just mowers not work horses...

Joe, I misspoke earlier when I said shaft rocks,not true...there is a slider plate underneath that rocks back and forth and directs fluid to fwd or rev. The creep MAY BE the wear internal that allows some oil to pass by but it could also be the linkage....good luck...these are not high dollar hydros but they work ok....until they wear out....they are just mowers not work horses...
Yeah i know. I bought it cheap and just plan on reselling it after i get it fixed.

Back