• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello from Minneapolis, MN

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john.knutson

displayname
John K
Howdy!

Just purchased a 1969 International Cub Cadet 107 yesterday.

It came with a 48" mower deck that needs some welding, but is overall in decent running condition.

I've got a (growing) list of ideas for fixes/additions:

• plow (for snow primarily)
  • 3 point hitch (not sure what i want to put on it, maybe a cargo platform or back plow)
  • new rear tires to replace non-standard ATV tires it came with
  • head/tail lights
  • fix play in steering/speed control
  • paint & replace worn decals

loading it up on my tiny trailer:
IMG_20191028_174021.jpg
parked in my garage
IMG_20191028_190041.jpg
mower deck removed
IMG_20191028_211448.jpg

Looking forward to hanging out here, anybody in the MN area with a lead on any 107 or 107 compatible parts please reach out to me!

Thanks,
John

John, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif

That sure looks to be in good condition. The overall width of the deck might be 48" but it certainly appears to be a 42" which is the the width of cut. If you have specific parts you are looking for post the details in the Wanted section.

Welcome Aboard John. Nice to see you here. A lot of folks here would pay a premium for those tires! For pushing snow with a blade I put chains onto my turf tires and add wheel weights. Works well with the snow thrower too.

If your mower still has the serial number, the first 2 characters will tell you the size.

The overall width of the deck might be 48" but it certainly appears to be a 42" which is the the width of cut.
Thanks, that's good to know! I was going off the original Craiglist post :)

A lot of folks here would pay a premium for those tires!
Thanks! They certainly do make it look pretty beefy, I'm looking forward to seeing how they do in the snow, but hoping to find some OEM tires+weights and possibly chains

Welcome! Yes that sure looks like a 42” deck. Rear HDAP tires were optional on these tractors, so it’s not super far off from factory.

Weights are pretty commonly available, and chains can be bought new. I would agree that chains and turfs with weight seems to work pretty well for pushing and blowing.

Ferguson style 3 points were never available on these, but I think extreme motor works makes aftermarket ones that might fit. Will cost more than you likely paid for the tractor, though, so be warned.

Otherwise, you can find older Cub Cadet style 3 points pretty easily, but be sure to get the additional “u” bracket for this series if you find one.

Rear HDAP tires were optional on these tractors, so it’s not super far off from factory.

I am picking up some 23x10.50-12 wheels and tires tomorrow that the seller thinks may be Cub Cadets, and look like some pictures I have seen of Cubs with the upgraded "high flotation" tires. Fingers crossed!

Weights are pretty commonly available, and chains can be bought new. I would agree that chains and turfs with weight seems to work pretty well for pushing and blowing.

My grandfather has a 782 hydro (the inspiration for this project) that has a snowblower and weights that he offered me. I'm not sure my machine could handle the snowblower (he said it is about 4 feet wide), but if the weights fit that will be great. I'm a little worried about chains on my paver driveway and the damage they may do in addition to any damage I will inadvertently cause while getting the hang of the plow.

Ferguson style 3 points were never available on these, but I think extreme motor works makes aftermarket ones that might fit. Will cost more than you likely paid for the tractor, though, so be warned.

Otherwise, you can find older Cub Cadet style 3 points pretty easily, but be sure to get the additional “u” bracket for this series if you find one.

I am just planning to get the parts for the older Cub Cadet style 3 point. I'm not even sure of any accessories that exist for it, but I have always wanted a 3 point like the bigger tractors that I don't currently have room for. I might fabricate a cargo platform for the rear, or mini forks.

My grandfather has a 782 hydro (the inspiration for this project) that has a snowblower and weights that he offered me. I'm not sure my machine could handle the snowblower (he said it is about 4 feet wide), but if the weights fit that will be great. I'm a little worried about chains on my paver driveway and the damage they may do in addition to any damage I will inadvertently cause while getting the hang of the plow.

The weights should fit. The blower may or may not. It's likely he's talking about an H48, which is 48" wide and won't fit on a narrow frame (what you've got), or possibly a 450 2 stage blower. If he's got a QA-36 or 42 it should fit on yours, but will need a different pulley on it.

The 107 should handle a 36" or 42" blower fairly well. They are kinda heavy, but not awful. They do a decent job, but don't throw like a more modern 2 stage would.
I am just planning to get the parts for the older Cub Cadet style 3 point. I'm not even sure of any accessories that exist for it, but I have always wanted a 3 point like the bigger tractors that I don't currently have room for. I might fabricate a cargo platform for the rear, or mini forks.
The major things folks use are the tiller, and if you add a brinley adapter, there are quite a few tillage tools you can use. Plows, disc harrows, etc.

Just remember you're dealing with manual lift there, so don't go planning on picking up full pallets of stuff or anything :)

The weights should fit.

That is great to hear! I'm very interested in those, and would much prefer OEM Cub Cadet, of which I have seen none on Craigslist locally.

I am more interested in getting a plow due to how my driveway/patio are laid out, I have limited area to "throw" snow but I think I will be able to push snow around with some level of success. I've got snowblowers to clean up whatever I can't get with the plow.

Just remember you're dealing with manual lift there, so don't go planning on picking up full pallets of stuff or anything :)

Definitely, I might just do a little 5 gallon bucket holder that could grab and lift a bucket off the ground for hauling tiny amounts of dirt and rock around my 1/8 acre :cool:

That is great to hear! I'm very interested in those, and would much prefer OEM Cub Cadet, of which I have seen none on Craigslist locally.

I am more interested in getting a plow due to how my driveway/patio are laid out, I have limited area to "throw" snow but I think I will be able to push snow around with some level of success. I've got snowblowers to clean up whatever I can't get with the plow.
Most likely OEM IH ones. There are more than a few folks that sell them. Not hard to find. They go pretty consistently for about $100-$125 a set.

Plows are pretty easy to come by. The 42" and 54" IH plows will fit. You'll need a "Narrow frame" subframe, but the blade itself is the same for either. You might also need to find/build a lift rod for it. Easy to do. A good plow with what you need should be able to be found for $50-$150 depending on condition and completeness.

Very nice looking tractor! I do like those rear tires. Any specs on them? Brand, etc?
Thanks! I'm super excited to plow some snow this winter.

I know the tires say "Polaris" and "not for highway use" but I don't know tire specifics beyond that, and there are no markings on the rims. I'll try to remember to get some close up wheel/tire pics tomorrow.

If you plan on picking up very much weight like a tiller for instance, you may need to add weight to the front to counter balance or you will likely have issues steering.

If you plan on picking up very much weight like a tiller for instance, you may need to add weight to the front to counter balance or you will likely have issues steering.
I am (currently) thinking the most weight I would grab/lift would be something like a 5 gallon bucket full of sand, which would act as a counter-weight to the plow, and I could spread the sand on the sidewalk.

In fact, what if I fabricated some sort of 5 gallon bucket based sand/salt spreader? Hmm... Not sure how I would power it, PTO would be ideal but electric would probably be a bit easier and cheaper to implement.

Back