• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello from Georgia

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Ellerbee

Hello everyone. I have recently bought, what I believe is a 128. I look forward to the modifications/knowledge.
Here is the only pics I have.
11158046-A5BD-4ED0-BA03-E7390C3126B9.jpeg
058CBC52-FB46-4F8D-8DA2-731A7D423E49.jpeg

Came with the deck and brackets/mounts. Deck needs spindle/pulley work, but is solid otherwise. I will list it soon.

Hello and welcome. It' always good to see someone new saving a old cub.

I don't know about saving, but I will be using it!

I have a Cub LT1045 for the grass duty. This tractor will be a play toy, may diesel swap it way down the road if I can find a Kubota 3cyl cheaply. But who knows... Mainly looking to get her dependable and ready to work/play around on.

Is there any sure way to tell what model this is? Seller says 109, I can faintly see 128 on dash tin. Has a k301 in it, could be a repower though. Best I can make of serial is 2050045U475069 can’t tell what the last mark is, if anything? Can someone date it too?
1AF0CD3F-4D71-4190-B154-A3B857A82AA3.jpeg

Tinkered a bit tonight. Found I have a #30 carb with a slap worn out throttle shaft (have what I believe is the factory #26 in box, that needs a bath in the ultrasonic hot tub). And that my coil gets too hot to touch after a few minutes of running, and that the wiring is a mess. Were wire nuts factory from cub cadet? Lol. That probably has something to do with the key switch not killing engine.

Going to get a new battery and diagnose from there.

Back