• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Hello Forum

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryflohr

IHCC Supporter
I just purchased an Vermeer M 147H trencher tractor. It appears to be on an International Cub Cadet tractor and then Vermeer added their own equipment. I have about 1200 feet I need to trench so that is what this baby is for. And now that word it out that I have a trencher I have new friends I never knew I had.

The engine turns over. She rolls freely. Wiring is shot so I'm looking at either making a new wire loom or purchase one. Suggestions? It appears to be complete. The front plow was added by someone not so good with a welder. Both the plow and the trencher are hydraulically raised and lowered.

I thank you for allowing me to be a part of your forum family.

Terry

Attachments

• Vermeer Side View.jpg
    Vermeer Side View.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 20
  • Vermeer  147 Bonnett.jpg
    Vermeer 147 Bonnett.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Vermeer.jpg
    Vermeer.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Interesting. I don't know a lot about vermeer from that time period. Lot of their trenchers and big round hay balers around here. I live within a half hour of the main headquarters and factory.

Welcome Terry. Your tractor looks loaded but you might be able to get a mowing deck on it but that would be for sure the last thing.
Thank you cc guy. I don't think I'll be putting a mowing deck on it. I will use it as it was intended as a trencher. I would like to find a Vermeer factory installed front plow for the front. The plow on the tractor was added after the fact and it was done very poorly.

Do you live in Pella? I understand they have a "mile" long factory there. The Vermeer employees are extremely helpful.

I live the next county north. There are several buildings, at least 3 main seperate buildings if I understand correctly. Been by the place a time or 2 but never really looked it over good.

I just can't get away from work. I'm a field service tech for Vermeer Wisconsin. I was just down at the factory back in late February, and yes, they call it the vermeer mile. It's not one mile long building, but it appears as such when driving past. I'll send this thread to a friend I work with. Maybe he has seen one of these. I've worked on my share of trenchers, but never one like this!

Here's the info we could find. Looks like the tractor is a cub 147. Hope this info helps you, or you at least find it interesting.

Attachments

• vermeer_m-147a_trencher_manual.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I just can't get away from work. I'm a field service tech for Vermeer Wisconsin. I was just down at the factory back in late February, and yes, they call it the vermeer mile. It's not one mile long building, but it appears as such when driving past. I'll send this thread to a friend I work with. Maybe he has seen one of these. I've worked on my share of trenchers, but never one like this!
Thanks for the message Jay. This appears to be a very unique and rare item. One of only ten made by the Vermeer corporation. According to the Vermeer representative they produced these models beginning with serial number 102 and ending in 111. I have serial number 103. I saw one sold at a public auction recently. So that is two out of the ten built by Vermeer. Perhaps your friend might know more about this unit. Not sure I can get parts for the Vermeer trencher itself. Again, thank you for taking the time to message me.

Last year my neighbor purchased on of Vermeer's new self propelled hay bailers. Rolls up some nice big round bales for sure. And can that thinng eat up a windrow of hay. He puts 3-16" conditioner swaths in one row of heavy hay. Quite the machine for farmers that have use for a high producing machine.

Here's the info we could find. Looks like the tractor is a cub 147. Hope this info helps you, or you at least find it interesting

Here's the info we could find. Looks like the tractor is a cub 147. Hope this info helps you, or you at least find it interesting.
Thanks Jay. I did see that flyer. You will notice that it is for an M 147A which was the subsequent trencher built after the M 147H which is the model I have. Of the M 147H only 10 were constructed. I'm did not learn about the M 147A so don't know how many were constructed. Nor do I know what the difference was between the 147H and 147A. I know the 147H has the Kohler K-321 14 HP engine in it. I've included a data sheet I was able to locate for the M 147H trencher and Cub Cadet tractor. It would be interesting to know how many other applications the Cub Cadet platform was used by other manufacturers.

Attachments

• Vermeer M 147H.pdf
    697.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Last year my neighbor purchased on of Vermeer's new self propelled hay bailers. Rolls up some nice big round bales for sure. And can that thinng eat up a windrow of hay. He puts 3-16" conditioner swaths in one row of heavy hay. Quite the machine for farmers that have use for a high producing machi

Latest posts

Back