• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Have I got the right oil.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Albrecht

displayname
Al Albrecht
Drove over 100 miles, round trip, to get to my nearest CIH dealer. Picked up 2 gallons of Hy-Tran oil. Nowhere on the container does it indicate the spec number. Only shows MAT spec. The counter man couldn't answer my question as to the required spec, B-6 or 1209, for my 1811. I can only assume that it's the correct oil for the hydrostatic tranny. At $35 a gallon I'm hopeful.

If you bought 73344265 then it's right. Still payed a heck of a lot more than I did just last week though. Darn inflation...

That oil is made by Northland Petroleum. Not sure it would be any cheaper to by Northland branded but could be Last I bought this spring was 2.5 gal for around $65.

Northland has a plan for the farmers or others that use a lot of oil. Supplied in the mini bulk containers, 250 gal stacked HI Tran and motor oil. Order through your dealer and they bring out the full one, pick up the partial or empty and is weighed back in and you pay for what you use. No empty plastic jugs to mess with.

I go to Tractor Supply to get mine . You look at the bucket and it will say that it meets International Harvester High Trans specs .
At less than $6 a gallon I am not going to CaseIH when my old tractor needs a fluid change. The difference is 16gal.x6=$96 or $400 from Case.

I go to Tractor Supply to get mine . You look at the bucket and it will say that it meets International Harvester High Trans specs .
At less than $6 a gallon I am not going to CaseIH when my old tractor needs a fluid change. The difference is 16gal.x6=$96 or $400 from Case.
I debated on replying on this oil debate yet again, here is my 5 cents. Sorry, not the same oil and you get what you pay for. Hytran has no zinc and can suspend up to 1% of water by volume are the 2 big factors. Working at the dealer for over 40 years, we have been a CIH dealer since the merger in 85, I have sat through countless training and meetings on oil. Even though my IHCC are not $500k, I still use HYTRAN in the transmissions, Gear or Hydros.

FYI Empire Tractor in Canton can sell you Hytran but it comes in a jug marked "Mastertran". Same exact stuff.

Back