• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Haban Sickle Bar Mower for IH Cub Cadet

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Haban Sickle Bar Mower Model 402 for IH Cub Cadet. Appears to be for Narrow Frame IH Cub Cadets. PO said it was used on a Model 127.

Serial Number tag only notes Model 402. Can't see any suffix letter but pictures in Manual for Model 402A look like it. This Manual is available in the Forum Manuals thread under IH Attachments.

$600. picked up in Woodbury, CT 06798. No Shipping

Contact me thru Forum messages or just e-mail me at [email protected]

402 2.jpg
402.jpg
tag (2).jpg
tag1 (2).jpg
tag1.jpg

Last edited:
Wish it was in Racine instead of made in Racine. Quick drive for me here in Wisconsin; CT ain't a short road trip.

Yes, mine has the A just after the 402. Probably did that one on Friday evening or Monday morning! :roflol:
Would that make it more valuable, kind of like when a coin has a "miss strike" or double strike on it? :errrr:

Would that make it more valuable, kind of like when a coin has a "miss strike" or double strike on it? :errrr:

PRICE ADJUSTMENT:
This Sickle Bar Mower appears to be a rate early model, possibly for an Original (since there is no letter A in the model number).
Price is now $699.99 picked up in Woodbury, CT.

(Price for Card Carrying Forum Members remains $600.00 CASH on the barrel head.

Harry,

Do you have info on this model? Reason I am asking, is because the serial # on mine has an E at the end of it, and yours has an A. Mine is a 402A model, but looks exactly like yours.

Sorry Marty - didn't get any info on the Haban except the PO thought it was used on a Model 127. That was it.

Sorry Marty - didn't get any info on the Haban except the PO thought it was used on a Model 127. That was it.

I have a 402A on my 70, it has different axle mounting brackets than the E or D.
They are a bear to mount. Maybe these pictures will help the guy who bought it.

Attachments

• 20150907_143336.jpg
    20150907_143336.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 311
  • 20150907_161617.jpg
    20150907_161617.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 20150907_162023.jpg
    20150907_162023.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 1441666077341.jpg
    1441666077341.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 20150907_184210.jpg
    20150907_184210.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 394
  • 20150907_184201.jpg
    20150907_184201.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 400
Hey thanks Lew. You're sure got a nice look'n set up there. The 70 is sweet and a dang nice classic, and adding the Haban makes it somewhat unique.

So Harry:
What's wrong with my ad? See April 9. I thought $850 was a bargain price for the Haban (which I believe to be in as good a shape as yours) and the belly-mount mower. Maybe I should consign the two pieces to you to sell for me; watcha think? Or maybe just let 'em go for $700?
As a successful seller, do you have any advice for an old guy trying to get rid of these two pieces he'll never use?
Howard Griggs

So Harry:
What's wrong with my ad? See April 9. I thought $850 was a bargain price for the Haban (which I believe to be in as good a shape as yours) and the belly-mount mower. Maybe I should consign the two pieces to you to sell for me; watcha think? Or maybe just let 'em go for $700?
As a successful seller, do you have any advice for an old guy trying to get rid of these two pieces he'll never use?
Howard Griggs

Howard - I don't see anything wrong with your ad. Your unit appears as good as or even better shape than the one my son had in the pics. I don't know if that really pushes the value up any more. And like so many things, when several start showing up the value and what someone is willing to pay often slips down.
What I will say and I'm sure you know, is that sickle bar mowers are generally used for a somewhat unique mowing situation. Something that is difficult to mow with a more standard mower. I'm gonna bet that half the people looking for one have that unique situation where they think a sickle bar will solve their problem. The other half of the people looking for one are probably collectors and are matching it up to a classic tractor for shows. Your unit looks like it could fit into either situation.
As for working out a consignment, I really don't see how that would help/work. I'm located in the Phoenix area and my son is in Woodbury, CT. I see you're in Clarks Summit PA (close to Scranton) so only a couple hundred miles from my son. I'll let him know about your unit in case he comes across someone looking.
My only other suggestions are that you'll probably have to adjust your price. I'd separate the belly-mount mower since I really don't think someone would want both units. Also, from the comments I've seen you probably need to provide some kind of shipping support, at least be willing to strap it to a pallet, maybe take it to a Fastenal store (although I don't know how they do their shipping or costs but they apparently have some cheap freight price for store to store). There seems to be interest in IL, WI, maybe even OH.
And the other thing, since the Forum rules don't want you posting something you put on eBay, I'd suggest you put a time limit in your ad, that if it doesn't sell by a certain date you're gonna post it elsewhere.
Good luck selling your unit.

Value is what someone will fork out, as Harry says, if you are willing to ship it with the buyer foot'n the cost that will help a lot. Now Howard I had a new one of these that was a Haban, but fit a Gilson and I only got 800.00 for it
DSC00003.JPG
DSC00004.JPG
DSC00006.JPG
DSC00009.JPG

Howard - I don't see anything wrong with your ad. Your unit appears as good as or even better shape than the one my son had in the pics. I don't know if that really pushes the value up any more. And like so many things, when several start showing up the value and what someone is willing to pay often slips down.
What I will say and I'm sure you know, is that sickle bar mowers are generally used for a somewhat unique mowing situation. Something that is difficult to mow with a more standard mower. I'm gonna bet that half the people looking for one have that unique situation where they think a sickle bar will solve their problem. The other half of the people looking for one are probably collectors and are matching it up to a classic tractor for shows. Your unit looks like it could fit into either situation.
As for working out a consignment, I really don't see how that would help/work. I'm located in the Phoenix area and my son is in Woodbury, CT. I see you're in Clarks Summit PA (close to Scranton) so only a couple hundred miles from my son. I'll let him know about your unit in case he comes across someone looking.
My only other suggestions are that you'll probably have to adjust your price. I'd separate the belly-mount mower since I really don't think someone would want both units. Also, from the comments I've seen you probably need to provide some kind of shipping support, at least be willing to strap it to a pallet, maybe take it to a Fastenal store (although I don't know how they do their shipping or costs but they apparently have some cheap freight price for store to store). There seems to be interest in IL, WI, maybe even OH.
And the other thing, since the Forum rules don't want you posting something you put on eBay, I'd suggest you put a time limit in your ad, that if it doesn't sell by a certain date you're gonna post it elsewhere.
Good luck selling your unit.
Hi again, Harry!
Thank you so very much for your good advice; I appreciate your taking the time to give me such a thoughtful answer. You're a good friend. I will try separating the two units first, as you suggest; and then we'll give it some time before I pull both off the site and go to eBay, Craigslist, the Lancaster Farmer, etc. As you can tell by earlier dialog, I am hoping these two attachments will find places in the stables of fellow Cub aficionados; but they're really in my way as you could see if you could see my "barn." They've got to go.
Best regards,
Howard

Back