• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Haban front blade - 982

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, early versions used cradles against the axle housings instead of the frame plates.

Frame plates are also used for 60" Haban deck rear stabilizer bracket.
Which one seems to work out better for wear and tear on the tractor/blade - or does it depend on the operator and situations its used in?

I have experience with the plate version. Mounting is rock solid. Wear and tear is on the lift system.....stupid push lift.

Reliable, but chews on rockshaft.

John,
I like the idea of the "rubber" scraper attached to the blade. I have been thinking about doing the same with my 54" blade for my 1512. How thick is that rubber? I have found a place online and actually only about 90 miles from where I live that sells various lengths and thicknesses of rubber designed for plows. I didn't have a chance to buy a piece for this year, but was considering doing it for future seasons. Also, what is the verticle size of it? I estimated that if I buy rubber that is 4" wide, I can drill the mounting holes in the center and have it be reversible for when one edge wears out.

John,
I like the idea of the "rubber" scraper attached to the blade. I have been thinking about doing the same with my 54" blade for my 1512. How thick is that rubber? I have found a place online and actually only about 90 miles from where I live that sells various lengths and thicknesses of rubber designed for plows. I didn't have a chance to buy a piece for this year, but was considering doing it for future seasons. Also, what is the verticle size of it? I estimated that if I buy rubber that is 4" wide, I can drill the mounting holes in the center and have it be reversible for when one edge wears out.
I have been using a rubber cutting blade on my Haban for 3 years now. I love it, it doesn't scape up the paved areas like steel and is much quieter. Also use it on my gravel areas and same thing quiet and won't scape as much gravel away when plow shoes are set down all the way.

I have been using a rubber cutting blade on my Haban for 3 years now. I love it, it doesn't scape up the paved areas like steel and is much quieter. Also use it on my gravel areas and same thing quiet and won't scape as much gravel away when plow shoes are set down all the way.
How high and thick is the rubber? It looks fairly thick and I am guessing it is 4" or 5" high.

My Habin setup 2072.
John,
Can you share some dimensions on the rubber blade on your 2072? I'm interested in knowing the thickness of the rubber and the height of the rubber strip itself. It appears to be about 4"-5" tall. I'm wondering if it is tall enough to be reversible if the bottom edge starts wearing out.
Thank you.
Steve

I found a piece of rubber belting that was 4" wide by 1/2" thick that works great. It has lasted 3 years and is in will need replaced after this winter I think. So will give me 4 years service. I would have liked something 5 to 6 inches so I could turn it over but what I got there is enough to make 4 pieces more so that gives me about 20 years!

I can't seem to look at some pictures. Anyone know why?
I'm not sure why you can't see them. The pictures I was referring to for my question in post #26 to "John" was in reference to his pictures in post #20 of this thread. I hope that helps.

I do wish mine was hydraulic angle...right now mine is messed up so I have to get off my 2072 pull pin up front to angle it...plus the one side of plow needs to be fixed there is a hole on bottom of blade so cutting blade doesnt sit right

Back