• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Guess what it is!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
This is something that I've been thinking about for some time now. I put it together and it works well so far. It's about 8" long and the two pieces of angle are welded together. It also has a rubber pad glued where you see it. It has to do with wide frame cubs and won't work on others (I don't think).

310000.jpg

310001.jpg

I'll post pics of it in action eventually but I'm just curious as to whether anyone can guess what it does first.

And Frank C....you're not eligible because I have already told you.

It is sort of a thing-a-ma-jig but not a fender pan riser.

Wayne, looks like if the wf grille housing was removed the gap between small angle & rubber would slide down on the front frame cross member, then you would have a battering ram of sorts, or a good spot to mount trailer ball hitch, or just pull your cubby up to those hard to reach spots and bam, instant step ladder????
rofl.gif

Its painted red though, I'd have to give it a shot of the IH yellow for the 149
thumbsup.gif

You're very close Jason. Instead of sliding downward it actually slides upward from the bottom of the front plate of the frame. It wasn't planned but it will wedge and stay put until the jack is in place.

310020.jpg

310021.jpg

310022.jpg

I got tired of dealing with the QA rod when I needed to lift the tractor. I'm using a scissor jack here but I think a bottle jack or even a floor jack would work just fine. You can see how it's actually angled downward a bit but when the tractor is lifted the "thing-a-ma-jig" levels out.

Omg why didn't I think of that,
bash.gif

For some reason I was wanting to tear the whole front of the tractor off to slide it on,,,
rofl.gif

Nice jack plate,
thumbsup.gif

It took me a while to figure out what it actually does / how it works. Duh!

Brilliant idea for a removable jacking bracket!! Thanks for sharing.

I have four different items that are NOS, but I do not know what they would go on.
The first one is a CNH 700710945 clutch plate.

316972.jpg

The second one is another type of plate. It is 2.63" ID, and 6.5" OD. On the Case IH sticker is TS1002 and Hardee.

316973.jpg

316974.jpg

The third one is another disc. DN4-555-SP ID is 3.365" OD is 5.5"

316975.jpg

316976.jpg

The final disc, ID is 2.028" OD is 6.5" thickness is .25" and the holes are .4"

316977.jpg

Any body know what these go on?
1a_scratchhead.gif

This is easier than me trying to explain it, LOL
The original New Holland Machine Company was founded in 1895 in New Holland, Pennsylvania; it was acquired by Sperry Corporation in the 1970s, then by Ford Motor Company in 1986, and then by Fiat in 1991, becoming a full line producer. In 1999, New Holland became a brand of CNH Global (NYSE: CNH), which was majority-owned by Fiat Industrial.

Back