• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

GT2542 Information

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rchristensen

displayname
Richard Christensen
Anybody have any experience with the 2542? Any thoughts or suggestions on one of these machines?

Thanks for any comments, as I really don't know anything about them and I may purchase one.
Richard

Richard,
From the things I read, you get a lot of bang for your buck with the GT2500 series. The GT2542 has the smaller front tires, 15 x 6, while the rest of the GT2500 series has 16 x 6.5 front tires. All GT2500s uses the cast iron BDU-10 hydro, have 11 gauge frames. The only negative thing I heard is the plastic hood is prone to having the plastic bosses where the hinge points are break out. The hood opens from the front and is hinge toward the back. I've heard CC has been working on a solution for this, but I still think it's an area to check when you go to the dealer.

The GT2500 series uses the better Kohler Command while the lesser 1000 series uses the Kohler Courage (and some Briggs). The GT2500 series are shaft driven while the lesser CCs are belt driven. It's not as impressive as a 3000 series, but it's not as expensive either. I also am not impressed with the plastic hood myself or it's looks. Here's a quick flier for you:
http://cubcadet.1.forumer.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=249

Latest posts

Back