• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

green paint but not Johnny type

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
sometimes there is more interests than cubs so here's my addiction..kickstarts.Perhaps foolishly I now have 3 maytags ( 2 -92&1-72,4 briggs(wmb),1 johnson.Also have shelved about 28 other"old" engines that now run.It's been a rewarding and frustrating hobby.Their simple but finicky. Oliver green ,old maytag original was dark.Purists will note no decals yet and fuel pointer not on( they're in the mail).Most are 3/4 hp and I just enjoy hearing them putt..And a great Christmas to you all!!

Attachments

• maytag (5).JPG
    maytag (5).JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 291
  • maytag (2).JPG
    maytag (2).JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 293
  • maytag (3).JPG
    maytag (3).JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 272
  • maytag (4).JPG
    maytag (4).JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 297
Awesome! Someday I want to pick up an old Maytag. I do have a few old Briggs engines though, I just finished up a repaint on my model A with a crank start and 6:1 reduction gearbox.

A bit of warning..Maytag coils are quite high in price.I strongly suggest you learn how to test the coil with a multi-meter.It can be done without taking anything apart.Just might save a lot of frustration because complete engines don't come cheap. I got hooked on this "old engine " collecting and now have a few too many...maybe?? If you have any wmb I do know a trick to replace coils..ask

Dad was a Maytag freak. Grandpa and Dad worked for Maytag. They built countless " Go Go Buses" that's what they called them. Glorified go carts. Dad was the middle of nine kids. Lots of go go buses. They really are cool little engines.

Interesting, I have never heard of the toy racers before. Cool stuff.

Jeff,seeing those racers is awesome !! I've only seen old pics before.Thanks for the effort to share..Ron,I appreciate your stories about gogo busses.Mike , I love hit and miss but sadly their just too heavy for me to drag around and storage has become a serious factor which means I have too much sxxx.. thanks for the response guys!!

I've studied the racers intensely !! One has a single cyl 92,one has 2cyl 72.Right side handle has to be belt tensioner.No where do I see a clue of any brakes or linkage....awesome and inspiring..I'm wondering ,can I make one? It doesn't seem like much rpm reduction for a 3/4 hp but I'm not an engineer and motor speed is adjustable inside the flywheel....let's see,starting with a small lawnmower frame.........

I've studied the racers intensely !! One has a single cyl 92,one has 2cyl 72.Right side handle has to be belt tensioner.No where do I see a clue of any brakes or linkage....awesome and inspiring..I'm wondering ,can I make one? It doesn't seem like much rpm reduction for a 3/4 hp but I'm not an engineer and motor speed is adjustable inside the flywheel....let's see,starting with a small lawnmower frame.........

Yes, one with a single cylinder and one with a twin cylinder. I don’t remember if they have brakes, but they don’t go very fast.

Back