• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Grease gun suggestions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PAUL - Naturally, I've seen some of the slopes you used to mow. I don't see how those tractors & mowers hang onto those hillsides.

Technically I'm a "Flat-lander", but Dad did almost set the Super M-TA over on it's side once mowing the roadbank with a sickle mower. He eased the downhill side rear tire down into the ditch just beyond the end of a road tube and lost his nerve to continue. Seemed like the tractor was tipped to 45 degrees. Neighbor pulled the tractor out with a chain hooked to the front of the drawbar pulling at an angle "Uphill" while Dad stood on the drawbar ready to bail off if something went wrong. This was 3-4 yrs before the first ROPS were even available on new tractors!

Shopped for a grease gun today. I would prefere an American made gun and hold in my own hands before buying.

First Sears:No manual grease guns in store only available online.
Second TSC store:eek:nly Chinese made manual guns.
Third NAPA:all Chinese guns.
Fourth VIP autoparts:all Chinese guns.
Fifth Car Quest:all Chinese guns.

I'll try Harbour Frieght and Northern tools online, but I'll bet they won't say where they are made.
Almost looks like if you want a grease gun today you can't find a "Made in USA" grease gun. Am I carrying this made in the U.S.A. thing to far?

James - NAPA carries Lincoln (USofA)

Look at it this way ... if it's made in CHINA! it's made from AMERICAN steel ... maybe left over PBR cans from WWII but AMERICAN no less !
biggrin.gif

The people that serviced our trucks where i worked had 24 volt battery powered grease guns. They said they were supperior to anything they had used. I seen them grease alemites that a air gun wouldn't grease. But i think they told me they cost about 400. so i didn't look at buying one. Yesterday my son helped clean out a mufler shop and service station building. He brought me a old lincoln gear oil pump, roller base, 30 gal barrell with about five gallon gear oil. Some stainless flow master mufflers,exhaust pipes, large spool stainless welding wire, and a lot of odds and ends. He said he didn't find the lincoln grease gun that i knew they had. All this was going to the dump.

KENtucky, I checked the two guns I have at the house, one is a LubiMatic like yours only it's painted black. The other one didn't have a brand name on it that I could see. I may have to wipe some old grease off of it and have a better look.

While greasing up the 982 to mow yesterday I took a good look at my piston grip gun. No place for a stick of .45 caliber "Grease". But the name was "National-Spencer Wichita, KS. Don't know for sure but suspect Dad bought it at Tractor Supply back in the 1960's when "TSC" actually handled tractor & farm equip. parts.

After looking in vain for an American made grease gun (wife thinks I am overdoing it, but that another matter)I finally stopped the madness after finding a John Deere labeled pistol grip gun (yes it's powder coated green, but I checked with Cub Cadet and they didn't have one). It's made in India for Deere. I have looked at Lincoln's and Lubrimatic the latter apparently is joined with Plews and a host of others all showing made mostly in China and one in India. It's getting very hard to find the good ole "Made in the U.S.A." sticker.
The only thing I forgot was Dennis F's. suggestion on the "swiveling/pivoting nozzle". That sounded like a great idea Dennis so I'll have to hunt one of those down, but for now I am headed out to lube! Next some high temp grease and some good oil with a lot of ZDDP.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
192816.jpg

Back