• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Grader Blade for 1450

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenovick1

I’m looking at my neighbors Simplicity 42 grader blade . These are hard to come by. I think I’ll be able to fandangle a way to fit my tractor. Can someone give me some encouragement. Need help making decision.

Made this 15 years or so ago with an old deck carriage and some random blade found at an auction. Have only used it a little bit, but it worked pretty well the little I did use it.

100_0280.JPG

The secret to a belly mount grader blade on a Cub Cadet seems to be mounting the blade to the mule drive on a swivel. I made one similar to Matt's about 1981. Found a 40-45 inch section of real motor grader cutting edge that had a jagged end, spent an enjoyable evening sawing the jagged end off using 3-4 GOOD hacksaw blades. Got two 1/4 steel plates about 10 inches square, and some 3/4" ID pipe, some odd shaped scraps of steel for gussets. Had DAD do some cutting on the blade on top, and do the welding. My blade is 1/2" thick hardened steel 40 inches wide. I can STAND on the ends of the blade to force it to cut, when you cut too deep you spin-out. I suggest lugged tires or tire chains. I idle along in 1st gear rolling dirt off the blade.
I've done many large grading projects with it, scraped inch thick ice off my concrete driveway. If there's any grass or weeds where your grading that will stop you instantly. Once you get under the grass and roots your good to go.

I bought a Simplicity with several attachments 10 years ago, one attachment was a belly blade. I sold the Simplicity, kept the landscape rake, and a few attachments. When the guy came to pick up the Simplicity he spotted the belly blade and made me an offer I could not refuse. I was already to adapt it to one of my Cubs...darn

Place I worked at about 1990 to 1996, two engineers and I all 3 had Cub Cadets. The one engineer had worked at an engineering company that did R&D work for other companies. He told me one company brought them a brand new gear drive Cub Cadet and a tall or deep Simplicity mower deck and said "Make this deck work well with this tractor". The Simplicity tractors all had belt drives and fabricated frames with a tall arch in them, and the mower decks were really tall. He said they played around with the project quite a while. He said that lengthening the Cubbie's frame a bit and installing bigger 15 or 16 inch rim diameter tires was the best solution. Same thing would help to run a taller belly blade, move more dirt. I've scraped snow before with my belly blade and it would push snow up behind the grass screen or plate on my #72 and the cooling fan would suck snow into the fan shroud and blow steam out the forward end of the cooling fins on the cyl head. Didn't hurt anything, just looked weird.
We rented a farm house to live in when we moved to Freeport, Illinois back about 1989, had a long crushed rock driveway with 3-4 potholes right as you came into the barnyard, the holes were deep and tough to miss. First weekend we lived there I spent an entire DAY weed-eating all around the entire place, burned 4-5 gallons of 2-stroke gas, and a full spool of trimmer string. Was over a half mile of woven wire fence with grass/weeds growing up in the fence I trimmed, and I also put the grader blade on and graded up some loose rock and filled the holes plus some ruts or "swales" where cars/trucks turned in off the road. The DAD of our "Landlord" actually owned the farm, his son rented the farm and had lived in the house till DAD moved to town, then he rented Dad's house. When DAD pulled in the driveway the first time and those potholes that had been there FOREVER were gone, Dad had to MEET these new renters! I eventually bought a basket-case #129 Cub Cadet that REALLY had been rode hard and put away wet that I fixed up. This website and most of our favorite suppliers didn't exist so things got fixed with stuff from Blain's Farm & Fleet, anything I got from the IH dealer in town was expensive and had to be ordered. They Did have a 125 CC WITH 42" deck I almost bought till they told me the price! This dealer DID CLAIM to have the BIG FARMALL EMBLEM that was over the main entrance doorway into the office at FARMALL in Rock Island that we discussed HERE years ago. I haven't seen it myself, but have seen a picture of that sign hanging in a pole barn in rural Lake Geneva Wisconsin but it's only open to viewing by friends of the owner by invitation ONLY and I haven't been invited. Yet. It still exists and is being cared for. It's the only survivor of 2 that were made.

Not Cub Cadet, but these are two of the center blades that Deere made.
I mainly use it in winter. The snowblower skid shoes are set for gravel/grass, then the center blade catches the rest when on pavement.
I added a third hydraulic circuit to have independent control of each function (blade lift, blade angle, snowblower lift).
24E8B059-DF75-459A-BC34-8331F2FB8C9B.jpeg
AA135692-4DA7-4489-9656-C09A54107998.jpeg
BBD1410A-F83F-46AC-BD99-A4A47393DA49.jpeg
F3A1E520-C6F3-4A0D-8668-63AE1B8E6D2B.jpeg

Back