• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Got tired of wasting oil

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay Fetters

IHCC Supporter
Now I can drain the little left over bit that usually goes in the trash, five quarts at a time! Don't look at the welds, I'm a technician by trade, not a fabricator, but this will work!
20210329_142353.jpg
20210329_142353.jpg

Attachments

• 20210329_142427.jpg
    20210329_142427.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 153
Back in the 70's I worked for a service station. We did the same thing and sold it as drip oil. Sold it at half the price of a "new" quart.
"course it was 10/30, 10/40, SAE 30.... or some combo thereof. But most of the customers that asked for it were livin' hand to mouth. The boss said they had been doing this since the 30's when he started the station.

We did the same at the station I worked at. Those gallon cans for oil changes could drip a lot and even the best spouts always left a tad in the can. Mostly we used it for free top-offs. Always had lots of customers. I will always remember when studs / studded tires came out. Kearney bought the set up and inserting tool. By the 2nd day and 8 or so sets of tires, he's there cuss'in "this sucks". Truly a one hit wonder that fortunately faded away.

A auto shop I worked at when I got out of high school had a short section of rain gutter mounted over the bench and after we did an oil change we would put the empty quart cans or bottles upside down and they drained into a can on the end. We would use that oil to fill the pump oil cans.

Back