• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gold Rush Alaska

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
I cant find the original thread from a few years back...But, for the people who watched and kind of admired Parker Schnabels grand dad John... on the show tonight they said he died today at the age of 96. On the last show he was so proud his grandson who got over 3300 oz. of gold this season. Gonna miss you grand pa. It's still up in the air if the show will actually be renewed for season 7.

I'll have to cue up my recordings, I was hit with a touch of March Madness. Yes, he really was proud of his grand son, he told him, if I recall correctly, "You make life worth living."

Allen, I think the original posting dates to Gold Rush 2011, if you can believe it.}

It's amazing to me how 2 nice guys and a good mother could raise such a PRICK as Parker!
He obviously never listened to what his Grandpa told him over and over again.

Parker is running a business not a day care that's why he came out on top

NO!
He came out on top because he had good employees that didn't have to depend on the goof to make everyday decisions.
He even admitted that after the season ended.

EMPLOYEES make or break a business!

NOT the boss. LOL

A real good example is bearing sea gold.
biggrin.gif

Years ago when I had 53 guys working for me doing industrial/commercial electrical work, I spent 10 years putting a crew together and had no issue with leaving for the Air Guard for 3 to 6 weeks at a time with little to no issues.

Rule of thumb in any business!
302881.jpg

I NEVER told any of my people to do anything. I always asked, it made a huge difference after seeing my step dad SCREW up more than one business acting and talking like the little prick in the Yukon!

Under Edit,
Lets not forget who got Parker started!
His Grandpa!
Not only with the opportunity to do it, but financially.
Then how many times did we see him ask mommy,daddy AND Grandpa for money along the way, even after the first trip to the Yukon. LOL

Charlie P. YOU speak volumes with what you posted. Our current CEO believes in that also. How do I know that? We're good friends and I've always treated people the same way. Now with my recent promotion into a Quality position, when I do go back to the H1 Team, I see that same cohesive attitude.
happy.gif

There are leaders and there are bosses, Parker may be a boss but I doubt he will ever be a leader. As a matter of fact the only person on the Gold Rush cast that comes close to being a leader is Gene Cheesman during the year he lead the Parker crew.

THEY'RE BACKKKKK. New shows start Friday Oct 14th on Discovery channel. Lets see what kind of foolishness shows up this year! Maybe another dredge ?? !!

I didn't watch the show as much last year. It depends what else might be on. Like so many shows it became the same old drama over and over. And the added hype to simple problems became an anti-climax and a real let down.

I really wonder how much money the production company tosses in so these crews can buy bigger and bigger equipment? Big Red, Monster Red, D-10's... No 20 year old kid fresh from High School gets all that without some serious backing.

He did get some huge loan from his late grandfather they had mentioned. And also whatever his college fund was. I think they're all nuts!
Pot calling kettle black...

I did a little web surfing. This is season 7, and Parker is now 22. Each show is actually 43 minutes long, 17 minutes of commercials, Ugggg.
Parkers net worth is $500,000
Tony Beets $5 million, has a separate gold mine too.
Todd Hoffman between $1 and $5 million. First show to have some sort of memorial for his grandfather.

Gold rush kickoff at 7 CDT tonight. Episode one at 8 CDT.

Hi Jerry. They want 5000 ounces of gold!! I think thats about $6.5 million bucks. Ah yes, more equipment...bigger equipment...gonna be awesome! Lets see if Tony Beets can get his new dredge dragged to where he needs it. Could be an interesting season.

Back