• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Going to Colorado Elk hunting

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been to Colorado on elk hunts three times. The first two times I hunted in Colorado it was out in the White River National Forest (aka "Flat top" country) near Meeker. That was in 1982 and 1993. I got a nice 5x5 in 1993. We hunted up around 10000 feet, got there on horseback and with pack horses. The last time was somewhere south west of Denver which I didn't care for as much. I'd love to go back some day and hunt by Meeker again... Unfortunately the 5x5 antlers were stolen when someone broke into the cabin back in 2012.

Elk_Antlers_01.jpg

Found a couple I had posted here previously:

66221-jpg.116910

66222-jpg.116911

Nice camp!

We stayed in canvas wall tents, here's the Meeker camp in 2004 the last year that my dad went, he got a nice 3x3.

Elk Camp.jpg

Here's two screen captures from Google earth. The first is of the general area then I zoomed in and I circled the camp in red, and where I shot my elk in yellow. Note Peltier Lake in both images.

Colorado Elk Hunt_01.jpg

Colorado Elk Hunt_02.jpg

The neighbor of the owner of the property. Is a mountain lion guide. Definetly gonna hire him in the future. And try to get a Mountain lion. But Elk and Bear first.

Back