• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Getting the 127 ready

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAllison

IHCC Supporter
I tore the127 down abit to look at the usual suspects,change the oils and paint the rims. What are some things you guys use to wedge the speed control lever?

0826211653_Film1.jpg

0828211542_Film1.jpg

0828211540_Film1.jpg

Robert - I suspect the pickle fork for the mowing deck sub-frame did that. I've never seen one worn that much. The PO probably kept adding metal to the pickle fork cause it was wearing and didn't add any metal to the supporting rod you identified. Remember these machines weren't expected to last 50+ years. Somethings do wear. I would think it would be welded up.

Ahhh Harry you're right,that's the tractor the 42 in deck came off of. The prior PO mowed 3 acres with it for 30 yrs...that would definitely wear things out! I'm gonna have to drop that shaft out.

Yep, the later mower decks added short lengths of bar stock to widen the bearing surface to reduce the wear.

Mower_xxA_17a.jpg

I have added that feature to my narrow frame deck hangers.

DECKFRAME_WELDED.jpg

Please note the side on which the bar stock is added. Make sure you add it to the correct side so that there's room to slip in onto the rockshaft. The wide frame mower deck hangers have it added to the opposite side.

Latest posts

Back