• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gear Oil

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack casey

IHCC Supporter
So, I was reading reading a piece about the creeper drive unit, not that I'm installing one. There is much mention of gear oils, using lighter weight stuff rather than SAE 90. The trans on my Elec-Trak had 4 speeds including L and LL (creeper gear for ground engaging eqm like a moldboard plow and rototiller) - the electric drive motor powered the trans using two belts. Simple and very workable. The double sheave pulleys on motor and trans could be changed to alter speed. A friend built these tractors and only used SAE 50 Racing Oil in the trans. Just sayin.'

So, I was reading reading a piece about the creeper drive unit, not that I'm installing one. There is much mention of gear oils, using lighter weight stuff rather than SAE 90. The trans on my Elec-Trak had 4 speeds including L and LL (creeper gear for ground engaging eqm like a moldboard plow and rototiller) - the electric drive motor powered the trans using two belts. Simple and very workable. The double sheave pulleys on motor and trans could be changed to alter speed. A friend built these tractors and only used SAE 50 Racing Oil in the trans. Just sayin.'
10 or 30Wt or Hytran for the creeper, 30Wt or Hytran for the rear end.

Back