• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gator Blades for Haban deck

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmartino

displayname
Mark Martino
I just bought a 2086 with a haban 60 inch deck. I wanted to put gator blades on it but when I contacted Oregon they told me they dont make them for the haban any suggestions

Mark,
I can't say they will or will not work. Someone here may be able to tell you whether some of the dimensions will hinder you or not.
On the Oregon website, if you look up their replacement for the Cub Cadet 759-3411 blades, I assume those are the ones for a 60" deck looking at the Parts Look-up that is. They list dimensions of 21" Length and 1/2" hole.
If you go to the Oregon Website under the Blade Selector Guide, you can type in just those 2 dimensions, and it will give you a number of blades designed for other mower decks. NONE match the exact dimensions of the Cub Cadet for Width (2") Thickness (.250") Vertical Drop (7/16") Air Lift (1 1/8"), but many come close. I am not sure how much of a difference an extra 1/2" of width would make, or some of the other specs, but it may be worth while taking a look. The 96-346 seems to be the closest in specs.

I looked up the Gator blades to replace those on my 50" deck and the Vertical Drop and Air Lift are different for those than my original 742-3003 regular blades. So I would assume you only need to worry about the width and thickness.

Hopefully someone on here that is more knowledgeable can be more help.

Allen,

What I meant to imply in my reply, was that I bought the replacement Gator blades (I actually think I may have bought them at JacksSmallEngines) and they work great. So, I don't think the Vertical Drop and Air Lift dimensions affect their use. The Width and Thickness dimensions "might".

Back