Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Gas tank for a 104

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

dkauzlarich

displayname
Dave Kauzlarich
Mine has a leaky seam so I want to simply swap it out for one that is known to not leak. I have a set of headlights for a 128 if you want to swap.

kharvey

displayname
Kendal Harvey
Take it to a radiator repair shop and have them solder the seam.

JPrattico

displayname
Cubcadet_107
If you clean it REALLY WELL and make absolutely sure there's no gas vapor or residue left anywhere, you can solder up the leaky seam. You gotta make sure there's no gas vapor left, as it will ignite from the heat of the soldering iron.

I've never done it myself but, I've heard stories of people have burned all the hair off their faces because gas vapor ignites inside the tank.

mwmacdonald

displayname
Miles MacDonald
When mine had a hole I took it to a radiator shop. I tried it myself first, still leaked. My soldering skills weren't quite up to it. Been holding 3 years and counting.

tkhoffman

displayname
Tony Hoffman
Are any of the gas sealer additives from Auto Zone worthwhile?
I wouldn't think do. I had a leaky tank on my Jeep. Steel tank. I roughed up the are and used fiberglass and epoxy resin. It's been 14+years.
The leak was at the bottom of the tank.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Best solution would be to do as Kendal and Miles suggested and take it to a radiator repair shop, they can resolder the seam.

Latest posts