• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Gardens 2021

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good year for the tomatoes here in N. In
0906211708_Film1.jpg

Well, planted my garlic yesterday. I tried ordering from Johnnys Select as recommended here, but they were sold out. I ended up with a red and a white variety, both from Burpee. I think there was about 30 cloves of the white and 50 cloves of the red. Question I have: will chipmunks harass my cloves? They dug up alot of my sunflowers in the spring and it would really suck if they tore out my garlic.

I have never had chipmunks dig up my garlic, I have had pocket gophers tunnel under it and eat them however. The cloves should be planted around 6" or so deep.

Not too garden related unless you consider that last year's beans, corn and maters will lend a hand towards some good eats.

Carolyn found rump roast on sale so sliced, diced and canned yesterday.
Will make for some great soups, stews and gravy!
DSCN9021.JPG

Not too garden related unless you consider that last year's beans, corn and maters will lend a hand towards some good eats.

Carolyn found rump roast on sale so sliced, diced and canned yesterday.
Will make for some great soups, stews and gravy!View attachment 147229
Dave I've kicked around canning some beef for the pantry,do you pressure cook it!

Yes, you need a pressure canner/cooker.
And follow the directions for doing so.
Has to cook for 90 minutes attended at a controlled pressure.
That's all my wife would tell me.
More to it than just stuffing the meat in a jar!
Good luck!!

Dave I've kicked around canning some beef for the pantry,do you pressure cook it!
I've been processing my own deer for many yrs. I've opted for vacuum sealing and freezing.The meat will keep fine for at least 2 yrs..The negative is ..what if your freezer breaks down or the power goes out for days,then you will wish you canned it... but a backup generator is helpful .... a daughter got very serious into gardening and canned about anything possible...It's a learning curve..

Looks great, David. I di
Yes, you need a pressure canner/cooker.
And follow the directions for doing so.
Has to cook for 90 minutes attended at a controlled pressure.
That's all my wife would tell me.
More to it than just stuffing the meat in a jar!
Good luck!!
Pressure cooker is best, but it can be done with just a standard boiler. (I use an old copper double boiler). Put the jars in, cover with cold water, bring to a good boil, continue the boil for a full three hours. Lift the jars out to cool & seal. That's how my grandparents & parents did it, and my brothers & I still do. If I had a pressure cooker, and especially if my bride was willing to run it, I'd likely go that route, but more than one way to skin a cat, I suppose. Your's looks amazing!

Back